Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A20e Handset Data usage fault

(Topic created on: 16-04-2021 10:38 AM)
Lodon
First Poster
Options

I'm having Data trouble since purchasing 2 A20e handsets.  When I initially purchased the phones, they ate Data at a frightening rate despite Data being switched off.

So we contacted the phone company who blamed the handset and we went through switching all background data off, right down to each individual App.  We also set the monthly usage to "0.0G"

But we are still getting billed for attempting to connect to data.  None is being used but the phone is attempting to connect so we get charged.

My elderly father just got the same handset  for Christmas (Different country, different service provider) and was hit with a £90 bill for January and February which was very upsetting for him.  His phone company have not been able to help.

Surely we can't be the only ones with this issue?

We have 4 Samsung handsets with the same service provider but this problem is only happening with the A20e handsets.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
In the meantime, i would suggest downloading Netguard off the Play store. It will set up a vpn as a fire to let you block all apps from accessing mobile data, including system apps.
It should stop you using data while you get this sorted out
0 Likes