Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A12 people I call can't hear me.

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 02:59 PM)
char1001
Journeyman
Options
Brand new A12, four days old. People cant hear when I call them sometimes and other times they can. Phoned samsung helpline twice. Did everything they said  but problem still not solved. Latest suggestion from their employee is that I return the phone to where I git it. Its a shame as I've never had samsung before and other than this I like it. Anyone have any suggestions whats wrong? Thanks.
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @char1001 ,

sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Are you able to tell us if this is also affecting calls made with any other apps (if you use any) and is this is affecting particular contacts? What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

0 Likes
char1001
Journeyman
Options
No, just calls using the normal phone. I NEED IT to work as I have no other phone. I have done a system update, fone a system reset, checked the sound buttons were all turned up. No case. No cover on phone.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for the quick responses. Would you be able to try a different SIM card and the steps provided on this guide to see if they help: https://www.samsung.com/my/support/mobile-devices/why-i-cant-hear-anything-when-making-calls/ ?

0 Likes
char1001
Journeyman
Options
No, not able to try a different sim card . It worked and still works perfectly well in my old phone of 4 days ago .
0 Likes
char1001
Journeyman
Options
Ps it's not me who can not hear the other person. It's the other person who can not hear me on and off.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I just send you this as sometimes these steps works for both cases. The next steps would be running a test on the phone to see if there is anything wrong with the SIM card or tray? You can perform this from the Samsumg Members app> Diagnostics> SIM card.

Once done, run a diagnosis with the Mic by tapping Mic from the Diagnosis menu to see if there is anything wrong with it. 

0 Likes
char1001
Journeyman
Options
Well if the sim card works with all other aspects of the phone including making phone calls, and it still works with my old phone why would it suddenly be an issue with this phone?
0 Likes
char1001
Journeyman
Options
There is no app called Samsung Members.
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Check in the Samsung folder. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes