Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#A12 overheating

(Topic created on: 26-10-2021 02:37 PM)
Pippy361
Apprentice
Options
Hello people I have a galaxy A12 bought in February.  I have noticed it seems to get extremely hot. To the point it makes my cheek hot and red when I am using it on phone calls or games etc.  
The battery only keeps it's charge for a few hours also. 
I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem. 
Thanks in advance ☺

4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If the phone is overheating then it would show you this via a pop up and advise go turn gne phone off for it to cool down or it would shut itself down @Pippy361 

Are you seeing this pop up ?

The phone however shouldn't be uncomfortable to be used against your face while within an active call.

A phone will warm up depending on what is being performed on it and 2hat it's doing in the background.

Apps like CPU-Z and phoneINFO from the Playstore will help show what CPU processes and what temperature the phone is running at.

Please try these first and if these don't help please use a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre for support.

1. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ disables any downloaded apps , themes and 3rd party launcher. If the issue stops in Safe Mode then it's a trial and error to find what app etc is causing this by deleting the most recent first when out of Safe Mode.
  2. Clear your System File Cache vai the instructions in the Samsung Link. You may need to hook upto a computer or insert your headphones to get to the recovery menu. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 
  3. Back up and factory reset.
  4. Make sure your phones software is updated and so are your apps in the Playstore and Galaxy Store.
  5. Remove any case that might be hindering heat dissipation.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Pippy361
Apprentice
Options
Thank you so much I will get the apps in playstore and check properly. I don't see pop ups it just feels uncomfortable to touch.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Your very welcome @Pippy361 

It's not an unreasonable assumption to be able to use your phone comfortably. 

All the best.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Pippy361
Apprentice
Options
Apparently it's ok. I must be just to sensitive. Just don't remember my old phone getting that hot that it leaves a hot red mark on my cheek.
0 Likes