Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A12 One UI Core - No Onedrive Gallery Sync Option

(Topic created on: 12-03-2021 01:21 AM)
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
Hi all,

I've just picked up an A12 for work and finished setting up, but there's no option in Gallery settings to sync to Onedrive. Is this a feature thats missing from Onu UI Core? I haven't used this stripped down version before but that seems like a strange option to leave out! Or have I missed something during set up? I'm signed into Onedrive, Samsung account and Cloud, got all sync options turned on for cloud but just no option whatsoever in Gallery for Onedrive sync!

Any help sincerely appreciated!
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Comar1985
First Poster
Options

You need to setup gallery sync from phone settings (I just discovered it btw). Go to settings/accounts and backup/accounts/onedrive/sync account, turn sync on

Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options

@LeeE76 wrote:

OK, so now I've had a bit of time to sit down and see what I could do, and hey presto! After hunting around, no doubt like you have, I came across yet more settings that I'd never thought of. Go to Settings > Accounts and backup > Samsung Cloud > 3 dots > Settings > Samsung Account > Linked Accounts. I had OneDrive linked, so for an experiment I unlinked it, and lo and behold, now the Camera Upload link in OneDrive works, asked me to confirm my Microsoft Account, and off to sync we go! First time I can remember actually getting to the bottom of something to do with these darn devices! Good luck to everyone else who has the same issue! 

Well done mate, that did the trick! I didn't think about unlinking my Microsoft account but syncing now.

0 Likes
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options

@Comar1985 wrote:

You need to setup gallery sync from phone settings (I just discovered it btw). Go to settings/accounts and backup/accounts/onedrive/sync account, turn sync on

Thanks for thebsuggestion, unfortunately that wasn't working; it would switch it on, start syncing then cancel the sync and pop a notification saying that Gallery was controlling onedrive sync so media sync had been disabled. The problem was, Gallery wasn't syncing anything!

0 Likes
Members_J6u2oWr
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem, did you mean Microsoft account link or Onedrive link? If you can share a screenshot of the "Linked accounts" menu for troubleshooting that would help! This sucks for me because I need Samsung Notes to sync between all my Samsung devices.

0 Likes
LeeE76
Journeyman
Options
OneDrive was shown as being linked, and unlinking that did it for me. I never used Samsung Notes
0 Likes
ToddF
First Poster
Options

Noticed the same thing on my Note 20 Ultra. No option in the gallery for OneDrive sync. If I load the OneDrive app I can use it's built in option to sync but strange I don't have the option in my Gallery settings.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I have checked my S20+ and this is displaying on Gallery> Menu (3 horizontal bars on the bottom right)> Settings> Sync with OneDrive. Is your Note20 Ultra running on the latest software version and are all the apps up to date @ToddF ?

0 Likes
ToddF
First Poster
Options

Yes I am all up-to-date with software. My wife's S21 Ultra has the option to sync. Strange. 

0 Likes
greenz0rtw
Journeyman
Options

Any real solution to this issue?