Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a10e Double Tap to Wake - needed - accessibility for elderly and vision impaired

(Topic created on: 01-10-2019 08:11 PM)
ERS37
First Poster
Options

a10e is a great phone that hits for the elderly and vision-impaired: fair price + easy mode + large, bright screen in a nice form factor = near perfection.

BUT it needs Double Tap to Wake or Lift to Wake. These folks (like my grandmother who just got an a10e) have great trouble finding something like the little power button necessary to wake the phone/screen.

Please add Double Tap to the accessibility and it would greatly benefit a phone that's perfect for this simple-user demographic! (even if it's the cost of battery life. These people are not power users constantly on their phone... the battery in their use last well-longer than for those of us who use more intensive apps)

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I don't know why they didn't add double tap to wake on Samsung a10e they should add because it would make it easier for senior citizens😁
0 Likes
A10e
First Poster
Options

I have tried using the apps in the play store to DTSO. They work for turning the screen off just fine. However, screen on (more importantly) does not work.

I had an LG XCharge that worked flawlessly, double tap the screen on. I got used to it. Then until cat spilled water on it. I couldn't find another XCharge as the OS was out dated and no longer available by my carrier . I bought this A10e but did not know or even think about being able to double tap the screen.

Now that I don't have it, it is a major inconvenience to try and find the power button being so close to the volume keys 

0 Likes
Sammileshain
First Poster
Options

Bro why are you so mad? The just making a statement   You legit need to chill. It ain't that serious yo

0 Likes
Whatsittoya
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20200512-054530_Drive.jpg

0 Likes