Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A10 won't update past Android 9

(Topic created on: 28-10-2021 12:22 PM)
Josh_
Student
Options

Hi All,

Any help/clarification would be massively appreciated as I've spent an age researching this and I'm completely stumped.

We have around 150 A10’s ranging from Android 9-11, security patch levels vary, the 50 or so which are on Android 9 will not update. When searching for updates we are presented with a screen stating “Your device is up to date”.

Similar issues I've found online would suggest it is possible a region/CSC issue but I can find no rhyme or reason for this to be the case when comparing with devices which will update.

Here are a couple of the Service Provider Software Versions of devices which won’t update:

SAOMC_SM-A10FN_OXM_XEU_PP_0007

XEU/XEU,XEO,TIM

&

SAOMC_SM-A105FN_OXM_XEU_PP_0006

XEU/XEU,BGL/BGL

And here is the Service Provider Software Versions of an A10 which is successfully receiving updates:

SAOMC_SM-A10FN_OXM_XEU_RR_0005

XEU/XEU,BGL/BGL

Any other required information please let me know, as said any help will be hugely appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Josh_ Hello, have you tried to update the "non-upgradeable" models with Smart Switch?

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Josh_
Student
Options

Hi Ventor. I haven't - Physically getting hold of one of the devices has proven a little problematic. I should be able to do so on Monday, we will most likely end up replacing the devices if this is the only solution though unfortunately.

I will report back once I've been able to give this a go.

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Josh_ Thank you very much, I hope this could be a solution.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes