Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Series is just plain trash for gaming.

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 03:19 AM)
BrendanPrice
Student
Options
For reference i am comparing this to an iphone 6. 

First off i would like to say the specs for this phone are significantly better than the iphone 6 but somehow manages to have half the framerate which i dont even know HOW is possible. Second thing is that apps on google play store are INFESTED with ads. Something that you NEVER see on my iphone 6. Third thing, the frame drops that i get are in ALL games that i had compared and in games that required optimal performance from the player it was virtually unplayable. 

I know that its a budget phone, but when comparing a 420$ phone to a 99$ iphone, thats tradgic. Please, please, please, PLEASE. WORK ON YOUR SOFTWARE SAMSUNG. PLEASE.
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
gamerJ
First Poster
Options
I phone app are made better as they are all same phone, where android apps have to be made for hundreds of makes and models
0 Likes
mak12
First Poster
Options
The A series is not designed for gaming...

If you want to compare to a iPhone 6 to need to compare to a galaxy s7
or s8\s9 which are flagship phones rather than phones meant for simple tasks.
0 Likes
BrendanPrice
Student
Options
no but the whole point is that this phone is being compared to an iphone 6 in SIMPLE games and it literally never wins.
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
the apps having ads are not Samsung's fault. and I have seen many ads in iPhone games before. what phone is this? for gaming in the a series the a51 5g or a71 are the way to go. similar power to an s9/iPhone X. and I have used an iPhone 6, I fail to believe it's faster then an a51 4g (presumably) as it was noticeably slower then my old A8 in everything I threw at it whether it be games or whatever. can you give examples of the games where it gets lags? I would like to know. I think this is a software or issue with the specific device. the iPhone 6 is a very weak device in 2020 and it would be surprising for even an a21 to be slower imo
0 Likes
BrendanPrice
Student
Options
i literally said its an iphone 6. i tested them side by side. the iphone 6 is a WAY better experience in literally anything.
0 Likes
mak12
First Poster
Options
But it depends on which type of A series phone. There is a wide range...
But I do understand the software issues. For example I have an a50 and it can play as an example fortnite as around 20 fps...
My phones camera also being limited to HD video recording when it can do 4k...
Whereas a a90 or a91 or even a51 or a71 will perform sightly better.
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Well there's something wrong then I guess as there's no way a $420 Samsung is that slow and laggy, like the iPhone 6. what phone do you have anyway? From my experience, even my old A8 2018 was better then my iPhone 6 by far and that phone cost £250 in 2018. I'm sorry but there's either something wrong with your device else I just can't believe you from my own experience. Can you please give an example of a game which runs poorly on the Samsung, and which model it is?
0 Likes
BrendanPrice
Student
Options
a71 non 5g version. i swear to god my iphone 6 plays games much better and is actually playable
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
yeah that seems really odd. the a71 4g has some great specs (sd730) that shoudnt be performing as poorly as you say. Even Samsung phones with budget exynos chips like the 7885 in my old A8 would run games fine, even heavier ones if not on max settings. Can you send a screen recording or something (if you can, else it's fine) showing how it's performing? I think this might have something to do with the game tuner or game launcher. if you turn that off, does it make a difference?
0 Likes