Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

6.1 UI Android 14 update is it safe

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Frazzlbiker
Navigator
Options
After reading other members posts in this community & seeing lots of complaints about their phones not working properly after the update 

i just think it's best i ignore the update for now & May be wait till the next one because i only bought my phone A34 5G 2 months ago & i really don't want to have problems 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've not had any issues with my phones so far.
The nature of a forum such as this, you really only see questions about problems people have.
I've got a link below of a post I did with handy advice before installing the update

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/precautions-before-installing-one-ui-6-1/td...

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've not had any issues with my phones so far.
The nature of a forum such as this, you really only see questions about problems people have.
I've got a link below of a post I did with handy advice before installing the update

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/precautions-before-installing-one-ui-6-1/td...
Frazzlbiker
Navigator
Options
Thanks but I'm going to hold off for now doing the update
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There are millions of devices out there, as @Glenntech has said we only see a very very very tiny number with issues.
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Understand if you don't want to install the UI 6.1 update. But I wouldn't make a decision based solely on the posts in here. Most of them, you can take with a pinch of salt.

What I will say, though, is if you don't install, then you won't be able to install any future security updates, and you definitely DO need those.
Frazzlbiker
Navigator
Options
Thank you everyone for your advice & replies I've just downloaded & installed the 6.1 UI android 14 update
Every thing seams to be working fine so i can stop worrying thanks again 👍
Robin999
Maestro
Options
One thing that will save you a lot of headaches is turning on notification categories. This setting is sometimes toggled off after the update.

Settings>notifications >advanced settings >manage notification catagories for each app. Toggle that ON
Frazzlbiker
Navigator
Options
Thank you I've just done it 👍
Sarahloo
First Poster
Options
I have a samsung A34 5g and I've noticed that since the update my keyboard has developed a mind of its own sometimes hanging and freezing mid typing then unfreezing and going mad with random letters the Internet pages and even Facebook comments take forever to open and I'm on a superfast connection at home so it's not that , today was the worst of all I opened up the phone with my fingerprint started to do what I intended and 3 times my phone came up with emergency call in progress and I had a heck of a job to cancel it
Frazzlbiker
Navigator
Options
I've not had the problem your having since the update my A34 is working completely fine with no problems at all
Edited to say
You'd be best getting advice from @Robin999
0 Likes