Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4K functionality on A53

(Topic created on: 28-02-2023 05:02 AM)
George092
Explorer
Options
I'm thinking about getting the Samsung A53 and was wondering if I would be able to watch YouTube videos in 4k on it. Thanks.
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The screen resolution is 1080 x 2400.
So you will be able to watch videos in 1080p
0 Likes
George092
Explorer
Options
Thank you Glentech and can I ask before I think about buying it, I currently have a Samsung j6 and I am always using the live focus mode on my front facing selfie camera. Is this mode on the A53? Thanks
0 Likes
moerncolin
Student
Options
Nope not at the moment. A Huawei P20 Pro seems to be better than this a53. I just downgraded to a new device. It can record 4k video in 30 fps you can then watch that video with no lag in 4k. But if you try and watch a 2k or 4k movie from library or online it will lag and shutter like mad. Its crazy that i am currently waiting for a response from samsung about this it even has a better screen resolution than the p20 pro but that just seem like it performs better in 2k and 4k on paper A53 should be a bit better than p20 pro but in reality it is behind a device that was released in 2018
0 Likes
George092
Explorer
Options
Okay. Thank you very much for your help!
0 Likes
George092
Explorer
Options
Okay. Thank you very much for your help!
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry I'm not sure about this.
As far as I know it should have. But someone else with the phone would be in a better position to give you the answer to it
0 Likes
George092
Explorer
Options
Thank you.
0 Likes
moerncolin
Student
Options
Hey np george
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@George092: I can confirm that the Galaxy A53 features Portrait Mode in the Camera app, which contains the Live Focus features you're familiar with on your J6. To find out more about utilising Portrait Mode, please take a look at the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088343/#:~:text=Portrait%20mode%20includes%20Live%20F....

0 Likes