Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 day old GalaxyA20e with Dutch manual

(Topic created on: 15-06-2020 09:34 AM)
CampervanFan
First Poster
Options

My galaxy A20e bought from BT is 3 days old, set to English language and when first used had an online manual (from Settings) in English, as required. After an update on day 2 it now has a manual in Dutch despite language still being set to English. I phoned Samsung but they were baffled and had no suggestions. This is not good, nor helpful. I need my manual to be in English. Anyone with any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Can you view this ok ?
Being as the manual link on the phone is only really a link to a web page

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/SM-A202FZKDBTU/
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I have my phone set to my native language (English) on an XEU UK Samsung A70, I then set my device language to Chinese and I can confirm the device language doesn't determine the online manual language.

After the update did you do a system reboot ?
Just so settings can re jig themselves.

Or at a push, wipe cache partition?
0 Likes
Linton
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem on my S20e.  I can access the English manual via a web browser with no problems. It's just the Help from the phone which goes Dutch. I have rebooted the phone but it did not help.  I dont fancy a factory reset as I fear I will lose something vital.

0 Likes
CampervanFan
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the replies.  Yes I did do a system reboot and I can get the manual via the Internet but I would like my new phone to work as intended!! Maybe BT bought my phone in from The Netherlands, and so I shall get them to check. Thank you again. 

0 Likes
Linton
First Poster
Options

I dont think it is a supplier issue.  My S20e was not bought from BT, it was bought out-right via amazon.  The same problem is also present on my wife's phone which she got on contract some time ago from EE.  As suggested the problem may have come in with the latest software update.

0 Likes
Ray1944
Student
Options
I had exactly the same problem after a software update at the end of April 2020. I set up a link as shown above, and put a shortcut on the main screen.
(I went to Samsung chat & sat there for 90 mins... gave up in the end!)
0 Likes
Ray1944
Student
Options
PS Bouught my phone from EE in Jan 2020
0 Likes
Linton
First Poster
Options

Did not do anything but the Manual is now in English. I hadnt checked for a while but there was a new software release on the 14th May.

0 Likes