Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3.5mm Headphone Jack to Type C Cable sometimes recognised as charger.

(Topic created on: 08-08-2022 10:10 PM)
sampanchung1234
Apprentice
Options
Heya, I'm running into an issue where my Phone doesn't recognize my type c to 3.5mm headphone jack cable properly after using a real charger, but when I wait a few hours it then works. 

Any solutions or is this a software bug?

Is there a way to stop it being so on and off?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@sampanchung1234: Can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines with the downward facing arrow, to the right of 'Your apps' > Show System Apps > On > OK > Scroll down to USBSettings > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data, then restart your device. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
sampanchung1234
Apprentice
Options
It did work on the 2nd time plugging in, I will reply back if I have any further problems. Thank you.
0 Likes
sampanchung1234
Apprentice
Options
Heya, yeah so after waiting a few hours, it's not working again. I really have no clue what's going on here. I forgot to mention that when I connect my phone, it thinks it's charging something. My headphones do have a removable cable but aren't Bluetooth, my theory is it's a problem with headphones with external cables. Screenshot_20220411-185641_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
ZigaSaZ
First Poster
Options

Any solutions yet?

0 Likes
sampanchung1234
Apprentice
Options
They never responded so I gave up, got a free pair of Galaxy Buds so I'm just using those till they break
0 Likes
Peparambo
First Poster
Options

For me what only worked was pressing + and - on earphones a few times until it started working

0 Likes