Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

19th Aug Galaxy A03 Firmware update fail

(Topic created on: 20-08-2022 02:22 PM)
Nico Dutch
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Just got a firmware update fail message on my new A03 which says to take the phone to a Samsung service centre. 

Is there a fix or easy resolution fir this please?

29 REPLIES 29
Cwazy
Apprentice
Options
See my reply for you.
0 Likes
Badgerhill
Explorer
Options
Lady in my local Curry's PC World, (bought phone from Currys online) she connect my phone to their Wi-Fi went through the update procedure with same fail result. She suggested phoning Curry's customer service and I would probably get an exchange. My thoughts now are why would I want an exchange unless there was some guarantee this isn't going to happen all over again.
@Tess M, ty, I followed your link to find a local support centre. All I got was put in a loop of the repair process.No mention of where a Support Centre might be?? Maybe a refund and go see Apple.
Badgerhill
Explorer
Options
Looking through the forums this prob also occurred 2yrs ago with Note 10 phones.Seems the update was at fault. Samsung eventually released a new update and all was well.I tend to agree with a guy on there who said his phone was fine and waited for a fix. Why risk "fryin" your phone and having the hassle of remedying a Fix.
Nico Dutch
Journeyman
Options
I agree, it's clearly a Samsung issue not my phone..
Caz82
First Poster
Options
I am having the same problem with same phone and its only a few months old 😕
0 Likes
MJ35
First Poster
Options
I managed to complete the update with Smart Switch, as someone previously advised, and it worked. But I'd assume Samsung will address the problem eventually.
0 Likes
sianm
First Poster
Options

I finally managed it by leaving in the charging cable. I believe ipads need the cable in in order to update successfully as well.
painter71
First Poster
Options
Tried numerous times to update. In the end Iwatched and waited for problem to be fixed. Yipee. Today it worked.
0 Likes
Nico Dutch
Journeyman
Options
Yep.. mine worked today with the charging cable inserted.
Phew!
Thanks to everyone who commented with their experiences and suggestions - very helpful
0 Likes
Badgerhill
Explorer
Options
All good here too now. 👍