Support

Open search

TV

First Poster

Samsung support is useless as they were not able to fix my issue either. My tv won't turn on after I perform the software update. Good luck

First Poster

@SamsungTVUser wrote:

Yep same for me.

The retailer will not refund unless Samsung state that the TV is beyond repair and Samsung wont do this.

So its catch 22.

Absolute shambles of a company. Has this hit the mainstream media yet?

Is class action lawsuit agains samsung faulty software update in the horizon? 

My QLED - QE55Q8CAMT Has the same issue?

The One Connect Box keeps getting really Hot? 

I have not spoken to anyone yet, but I will be tomorrow......

First Poster

EDIT: Solved.

Though it was not 100% sure that the issue was with the main board, I detached the back panel - opened the TV, took pictures from the boards and decided to replace the main board (ASSY PCB MAIN; H6 - BN94-07592F). Sent the picture with the SN of the main board to the official Samsung service center. Service center wanted 50 for some diagnostics, i decided to pass that and took the risk of getting a replacement throught them for the board for 130 euros. Replaced the board and everything works again.

Observer

Have the same issue with my UE49MU7070, been told a future update will sort the problem,  anyone experienced this ?

Hi,

A bit late to the party, but I thought I'd bricked my old faithful UE40D5520 yesterday. On a whim I decided to upgrade my firmware for a fresh, new futuristic experience. Instead, it got stuck in a boot loop repeatedly showing the startup screen just as the OP described.

Luckily, I found how to do a factory reset on a couple of other forums.

This worked for me- I turned it on, waited till the Samsung SMART TV screen appeared, then pressed:

MUTE 2 5 8 EXIT buttons (in sequence) on the remote.

It did nothing for at least a minute or two, then it said it was Upgrading and I had my TV back working again!

I also found this possible key combination on another site:

On the remote, press Mute followed by 1, 8, 2, Power in sequence.

Might need a different combination for your model, but worth trying it.  A lot cheaper than a new TV!

Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @Smintelious  Glad it is sorted, sometimes resets/reboots solve the issue.

Superuser I
Superuser I

@ViciousWasp wrote:

EDIT: Solved.

Though it was not 100% sure that the issue was with the main board, I detached the back panel - opened the TV, took pictures from the boards and decided to replace the main board (ASSY PCB MAIN; H6 - BN94-07592F). Sent the picture with the SN of the main board to the official Samsung service center. Service center wanted 50 for some diagnostics, i decided to pass that and took the risk of getting a replacement throught them for the board for 130 euros. Replaced the board and everything works again.

@ViciousWasp  At times you do  need to make a judgement on best course of action.  Whilst generally getting diagnostics first is advisable good that the new Board has solved your problem.

Top Liked Authors