TV

(Topic created on: 13-05-2017 05:02 PM)
Go to solution
zip100
Apprentice
Options

@AntS wrote:

@oceanicmanta wrote:
May I know what exactly is the head office TV Technical team reviewing ?

They're looking into all aspects of it. I've asked them to keep me in the loop, and will keep you guys updated as and when I can.

I hope this is true and if so, please do keep us updated. Thanks.

--zip
0 Likes
BenX
Student
Options

So, YouTube updated  its app for smart TVs and that new app -- allegedly -- does not work with older Samsung Smart TVs.  In response, Samsung does nothing and lets it valuable customers get screwed.  We are not *****s -- the Smart TV is essentially a computer -- if Samsung chose to, it could likely push out an update to its Smart TV firmware that would allow the updated YouTube app (and, I assume, the TED app and the Skype app) to work on older Samsung tvs.  But, as I said, Samsung told those exiting customers "too bad, buy a new tv." Well, maybe we will buy a new TV -- I hear that the new Sonys are excellent, as are the LGs.  However, I will never reach into my pocket to pay for another Samsung product.  When I bought my Samsung Smart tv, one of the main features we wanted it for was to Skype with my elderly parents.  Of course, Samsung purposely messed with their firmware so that ONLY the Samsung video camera worked with their tv.  So, instead of being able to buy a less expensive, but technically superior camera, I paid over $100 to get Samsung's camera so I could use Skype.  Then Samsung removed the Skype app from its Smart tvs.  No offer to refund the money I spent on my nearly brand new video camera.  You  know what Samsung could have done instead of giving us all the finger?  Well, first, they could do as I said above: update their firmware to work with the revised apps - that's exactly why firmware is updatable!  OR, they could have approached YouTube, Skype and TED (and whoever else) and said "hey, a lot of our customers are going to get screwed -- we'd like to work with you on supporting a version of your app that would continue to work with our older Smart tvs.  Samsung has the money to do this -- they chose not not to. They think we will simply buy a new tv.  Well, they're right...it just won't be a Samsung ever again.

POT24
First Poster
Options
Please tell me Samsung will fix the problem, otherwise I will have to throw the 1200 euro TV into the garbage and the next TV will surely not be samsung
kobels
Explorer
Options
Well, I installed it and it works!
0 Likes
kobels
Explorer
Options
If the app damages the TV, then we may all need new ones in which case , none of us will buy a Samsung!
oldtube
Explorer
Options

As far as i could be "happy" far my app being reviewed. The most harmful thing an app can do is turn up the volume... Apps are only webpages and are as sandboxed as any page can be. I honestly believe that is just a bunch of b*t is giving me here.

0 Likes
Lakshmi
Student
Options

This is annoying, painful and doesn't makes sense that I am not able to browse YouTube in web browser also. 60-70% of TV use is on YouTube.

0 Likes
Lakshmi
Student
Options
Then the App developer should have left the old existing version as is to avoid this problem to smartTV users who are using older than 2012 TVs.
leonine
First Poster
Options

It does work in the browser, but that is a pain compared to the app and not the same for instance can't go full screen or see time etc

0 Likes
leonine
First Poster
Options
In other words it is nothing like the app or what you expect from youtube. I agree if this is not fixed I will not buy another Samsung product especially as some have noted Youtube was advertises as available by Samsung
0 Likes