Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health removed Map Activity Tracking?

(Topic created on: 22-03-2023 09:20 PM)
Cosmicdust
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch, and have been using the Samsung Health app for several years now. Up until a few months ago, when I would walk or run the app would track via GPS my route and show a map connected to the relevant activity. When was this removed, or if it's hidden how do I get it back?

36 REPLIES 36
VladislavV87
Journeyman
Options

Thank you. It worked perfectly! 

0 Likes
jobauk
Apprentice
Options

There is no, "provide location information" option in the Samsung Health app on my phone!

0 Likes
VladislavV87
Journeyman
Options

Not sure what phone you have, but on mine (S21 Ultra) it's in the app settings of the "Samsung Health" app all the way on the bottom on my phone. 

My version of the app is 6.23.3.003. Android 13

0 Likes
bs0l
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for this, but unfortunately this didn't work for me. I checked and this setting was switched off for me so I enabled it, but I'm still unable to see routes in my app or on my watch. I just see a Google map with a circle overlay with a general area of my activity.

jobauk
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for you reply, I have the same app version on a Galaxy S21.. Still no "provide location information" option.. Weird and frustrating!

0 Likes
jobauk
Apprentice
Options

I think I fixed it. I went into sync options and un-checked, "Sync only on Wi-Fi".

0 Likes
VladislavV87
Journeyman
Options

My watch was already showing the map with precise location. It just wasn't showing up on my phone. 

When you start a workout, does it indicate on your watch that it's using your location (GPS)? 

0 Likes
jobauk
Apprentice
Options

Yes, my watch shows the solid GPS symbol indicating that it is tracking. However as I said a couple of minutes ago I think I found the solution in the Sync options.

0 Likes
bs0l
Apprentice
Options

Yea, in my case I am able to see that it's using GPS. And I've granted GPS permissions anywhere/everywhere I can. I'm thinking about just factory resetting the watch at this point. Can't think of anything else to try.

0 Likes
Debit
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem, and finally found a phone number and opened a ticket.  I called a month ago, and the rep quickly said it was a known issue after an update, and that an update would be pushed by the end of March. Today I called again, the rep knew nothing of this, but worked with me to clear caches, etc.  with no result, but did open a ticket.  Please everyone call Samsung at 855-795-0509 and reference this thread.  I had an S10+ and it worked fine.  Rainy season came, and no  tracking for awhile.  In the middle of that I got a new S23+, which meant lots of permissions got reset.  I’m not sure when my problem began, but I’m sure it’s software

Ive just come to realize that if I start a walk or run manually, I get no map at all.  If it automatically detects it, I get a map with a circle, meaning it’s using general not precise location, despite what I’ve selected everywhere I can find.

please everyone call them.  This is a recent bug.  Im tired of resetting my phone and watch.