Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health removed Map Activity Tracking?

(Topic created on: 15-02-2023 09:34 AM)
Cosmicdust
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch, and have been using the Samsung Health app for several years now. Up until a few months ago, when I would walk or run the app would track via GPS my route and show a map connected to the relevant activity. When was this removed, or if it's hidden how do I get it back?

36 REPLIES 36
Sybexx
Navigator
Options

I think the last update mucked up the GPS, my Watch 5 Pro now struggles with a GPS lock, it can take up to 5 minutes before it locks on also when I walk or hike the Samsung health data is very inconsistent.

JDthemassive
First Poster
Options
I have the same with my galaxy classic 4 since the update. Any chance of a new update to fix this
João Honório
First Poster
Options

What I don't understand is that Google maps find GPS easily, Samsung health takes minutes...

It doesn't make much sense

MarieBambo
Apprentice
Options

The problem exists on Samsung FLIP3 5G.

0 Likes
MarieBambo
Apprentice
Options

Map tracking gone from Samsung Flip3 5G also. Where did it go???

MarieBambo
Apprentice
Options

Sorry, none nor all of thesesteps work!!! 

Xyloz-Quin
Student
Options
Hi External Dev here...

You can't, they need to patch the App Location Settings...

ATM Samsung Health does not have 'Allow all the time' as an option...
in their own software...
for their own tech...

Google is embarrasing you with your own hardware WTF guys come on who needs sacking?

Oh wait, is it because it will make the battery last for 20 hours instead of that advertised 40? 😉

Did someone make an executive decision that diddled their own wearable users out of usability? 🤣

These questions would not have been raised without this issue... that you caused.

Samsung, fix it.Screenshot_20230215_092125_Permission controller.jpgScreenshot_20230215_092054_Permission controller.jpg
SKKJ
Student
Options

I just started having this issue since switching to a new Galaxy 5 watch. I also sync my workouts with Strava so I knew the Samsung app was actually recording my location It just wasn't displaying the map. Here is how I fixed it:

• Open Samsung Health app on phone
  • Go to settings
  • Scroll down to "provide location information"
  • Turn on "Google Map Platform"

Hope this helps!!

Glenn666
Apprentice
Options
You are a legend!
Tried everything that was on here and finally you nailed it.
Glenn666
Apprentice
Options
Also, historically if you go back all work outs have maps too.
0 Likes