Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp battery usage

(Topic created on: 21-11-2019 10:19 PM)
Christo1986
Pioneer
Options

Anyone else noticed whatsapp using a lot of battery in the background even when you restrict it ,dawned on me that it's been using over 2 hours today ,could this be down to swiping notifications away rather than reading them ,leaving them unread?cant undertand why it needs to be running for over 2 hours while not using it .

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @Christo1986 

It could be due to there being some unread notifications (especially if you just swiped them down and read that way).

But it would be best if you could let our development team analyze it by sending an error report via Beta Feedback option in Samsung Members app when this happens again! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options

No abnormal battery drain here from WhatsApp.  Try clearing your catch or factory reset. My s10 battery is just fine I get 24hours

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
WhatsApp is poorly written just like Facebook. They are real battery hogs
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@Pugs1957 wrote:
WhatsApp is poorly written just like Facebook. They are real battery hogs

I'd agree with that. Facebook is the worst app for battery drain on my phone. I disable it and use chrome instead, but that's also a rubbish battery hog. 

0 Likes
Christo1986
Pioneer
Options

I've disabled chrome and using samsung internet atm along with facebook and just using the samsung internet add to home screen facebook link and yesterday it lasted 8 hours and I was gobsmacked ,but then today I could get 6 hours ,this is the issue I have with the battery ,its inconsistent  but I'm hoping today i get the same performance as yesterday and i can pinpoint chrome as been the culprit and facebook ,but saying that I've disabled facebook before and didn't make much difference 

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I need to give Samsung Internet another go.

Just realised recently that it supports content blockers, which chrome doesn't.

There was always a few things I just didnt like about Samsung Internet (mostly the name Internet lol bad name for an app).

I'd miss the sync with PC chrome though - passwords, bookmarks, browsing history.

I'll see how I go.

0 Likes