Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Phone Replaces My Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 04:32 PM)
Ricki6
Navigator
Options
As an ex Apple fan boy of around 10 years I have to say I regret my stupidity in remaining loyal to a inflexible Caliiforian brand thats manufactured in China. Compared to Apple's rigid software and hardware infrastructure the android software functionality is a relative dream when your not running in a Beta format. As to other phones the problem with Motorola is that it is a subsidiary of Lenovo which is a massive Chinese multinational. In 2016 Krytpowire, a mobile security firm, found that up to 700 million lower-end android devices had Chinese malware hidden as a preinstalled support app. The third-party software had access to and sent information about user's text messages, contacts, calls, location, and other data to a server in Shanghai. This is only a thinest part of a massive trust issue of hardware and software control by Chinese state security. For this reason alone all manufactured Chinese phones are a definite no for me. The Lithuanian government is urging citizens not to buy smartphones from Chinese manufacturers and to dispose of any they have in their possession, with Xiaomi singled out for particular criticism.report from the Lithuanian Defence Ministry's National Cyber Security Centre tested devices from several vendors and found that the Xiaomi Mi 10T 5G had in-built censorship capabilities. 

As many as 449 terms, such as ‘Free Tibet’, ‘Long live Taiwan independence’ or ‘democracy movement’ can be detected by the system and censored from Xiaomi’s phone system applications, including the browser. Personally I'm most likely to purchase a S22 Ultra when launched with a decent storage option as this will be an upgrade on my Note 20 ultra. Both in battery capacity and camera functionality.

I do believe there is no such thing a perfect smartphone just compromises. Hope you all find what you want in your upgrades, please let know what you are considering buying.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Matthaus
Pioneer
Options
S22 Ultra is the new Note, so I'll get that
0 Likes
Ricki6
Navigator
Options
Good Morning Matthaus, thank you for your reply. I totally agree with your choice. This will be the replacement for my Note 20 ultra. Take care.
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Ricki6,

In the meantime, I hope you'll be enjoying the official version of the software (released today!😊).

0 Likes
Ricki6
Navigator
Options

Good Morning Martynak, thank you for  reply and I trust you are well. There is only one issue with Google Pay still not functioning correctly. Even after clearing the cache and app data and restarting the phone this app continues to say not set up. Have you any brilliant thoughts on what I should do next?. Would  be appreciated. Can you please post in the community section as beta has gone.

0 Likes
Forash
Pioneer
Options
@Ricki6 Uninstalling updates for Google play services worked for me and allowed me to set it up again.
0 Likes