Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort it out Samsung. I'm not impressed!

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 10:58 AM)
m1ckbr1t
Pioneer
Options
So the beta this time around is a complete farce, having decided to opt out of the beta and proceed with smartswitch download I'm still unable to roll back to android 10. What the hell are you playing at, one of the biggest tech giants in the world and you can't even manage a beta program.. I've had Samsung devices since the original Omnia device and seriously if I had the money to jump to another flagship device I would but I'm stuck in beta no official announcement from the devs on what is going on or any ETA, yes its frowned upon to ask for an ETA but that's in the Xda world where people give up their freetime but you guys, this is your paid job to sort. Absolute rubbish. Not impressed one bit, nor are many other people in this beta forum. 

Edit: could you like this post if you agree and let's try and get this post noticed by the Samsung beta team that are working on it. Thanks.
18 REPLIES 18
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
@MartynaK

Is this a problem specifically with the UK beta programme? As other countries have had the stable version released as per sammobile and samfrew websites, including countries that ran the beta programme.
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Ksmy89,

The problem occurs on all devices, not only in the UK.

But, before the issue was encountered, the official version was already released. So, devices with the final version of the software will receive a patch resolving the problem. The same patch will be received by S10 UK users.

m1ckbr1t
Pioneer
Options
At least know we know what's going on now, thanks.
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
So if we leave the BETA, can we roll back to Android 10 without issue?
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Jaybee360,

Yes, you can rollback to Android 10 using the Smart Switch on your PC without any problem.

0 Likes
m1ckbr1t
Pioneer
Options
I've not been able to rollback, I never took a back up prior to the beta and the smartswitch does not give me an option to.
Andy3
Voyager
Options
if you want things to work dont join the beta. there is no time limit on how long beta program will last for. look at Windows 10 you can join the beta program still on Windows 10 and stay on the beta program for as long as you like. that's the thing with beta programs they give no time limit. we could be on beta for android 11 and once that's official we could then go straight to the beta for android 12. if you don't like how long you been on beta for leave and don't ever join beta program again
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
any thoughts on the comment below from @mickbrit
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
?
0 Likes