Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor battery life

(Topic created on: 20-11-2019 03:51 PM)
Christo1986
Pioneer
Options

Battery hasnt been performing great on s10 plus lately since the last few beta updates. 

Medium power saving on ,screen not even 25 percent brightness most of the time , optimise settings on ,location off ,bluetooth off ,always on display off ,nfc off ,most apps sleeping in background ,screen on fhd and getting about 6 hours sot, no phonecalls made hardly. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Wow I get around 5 to 6 SOT hours on optimised with Location, NFC, Wi-fi, Data, Bluetooth.. also auto brightness on.

I would look at what is using the most ram as these are normally the culprits, also set you phone to auto restart every few nights. One of the big battery eaters is if you have more than one Google account or an app that uses notification listeners and location in the background

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @Christo1986 

Following what @BenGinders has written is a good way to fix your problem :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

What I could add on to that is to share en error report with us via Beta Feedback option in Samsung Members app.

There might be a background process that drains your battery way more than it should and our development team could find it with the log files to analyze :smiling-face:

Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

I've noticed  a marked improvement since the last beta. There was a huge dip at first, but I suppose that's to be expected. 

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I submitted feedback about bad battery life on one of the previous betas and received a reply today. 

Was a nice breakdown of what apps or processes were running in the background or regularly becoming active. 

Was fairly helpful. 

Christo1986
Pioneer
Options

Dont suppose you have that response to paste?I'd be interested to see it .

I've tried everything and I just dont rate the battery on this device at all compared to what's out there .

For a 4100 mah battery it should perform much better imo.

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@Christo1986 I'm on an S10 but I guess the suggestions are relevant for the whole S10 range.

Screenshots because I can't seem to copy from the feedback reply. 

I do regularly wake my screen to check the time and notification icons I've added notifications to AOD so no longer need to take the device, but its a difficult habit to break. 

I might turn off facial recognition instead, so the camera isnt being initialised every time I wake the screen - not something I thought about before but it was a good point. 

Screenshot_20191120-154135_Samsung Members.jpg

Screenshot_20191120-154150_Samsung Members.jpg

Screenshot_20191120-154210_Samsung Members.jpg

Christo1986
Pioneer
Options

That's great ,thanks for that I will give this a read ,much appreciated ! 

0 Likes
Christo1986
Pioneer
Options

Well i tried all this and still end up with about 6 hour sot , the battery performance drains on the s10 like it isnt optimised ,I've used Samsung phones for a long time now and had many many other flagship smartphones and battery life on samsung behaves very odd and always has .

They almost drain like a normal battery would in an appliance .

It needs addressing ,theres no point in pretending it's good when it isnt .

You can have everything enabled and it would perform similar with the same sot time with the same things disabled ,theres no optimisation.