Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 2.0 the Good & Bad so far

(Topic created on: 04-11-2019 12:41 PM)
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Let get talking about One UI 2.0...

What are your favourite changes to the new One UI as well as the not so good changes..

I have to say as a whole I am impressed with the new polished One UI, even in its (Pre mistake release) Beta stages, it is very stable.

Ok for my favourite changes are:

:smiling-face: The new Media & Devices shortcuts in the notification tray.. makes my Smart home even easier to access

:smiling-face: The new camera layout with easy acces filter/ Zoom shortcuts

:smiling-face: The New Gestures for Navigation

:smiling-face: The battery life is loads better

The not so Good

:face-with-rolling-eyes: I would have liked to have seen more customisation e.g full icon packs not just Samsung apps or even just icon masks like the ones in developer settings.

:face-with-rolling-eyes: Changes to lock screen colour & other personalisations don't apply till after restart

OK so now it's YOUR turn so have some fun, and remember everyone is entitled to have their own view on what is good and bad, we all like different things (which is why Samsung has a hard job of making us all happy :winking-face:

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
66 REPLIES 66
stanleywinston
Journeyman
Options

it's in this thread here:

"Some people in the UK have gotten the second beta update while others have not." in Discussions category

seems to be a week ago but the version number mentioned in it is newer than what I've got
there is a note about 'easily controlling connected devices' in the release notes. Hopefully they don't mean 'added some extra steps to control connected devices'

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @ryamoo,

Mine shows the connected device on the text under the quick panel Icon,

You can also click the text under the quick panel Icon which takes you directly to the available bluetooth devices in the native settings.Screen_Recording_20191101-171753_1.gif

Ben Ginders
0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @stanleywinston, This was in relation to the pre release that some of us got, where Samsung hit the trigger to early and released the incorrect Beta, then withdrew the banner so no further people could join.

So it was the first official UK Beta but the Second for the pre-release users like myself

Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Simonh1970
Journeyman
Options

A little more fun in the ui such as choice of finger print icons and sounds...

0 Likes
mikeybrayhx3
Navigator
Options

Why isnt Samsung releasing a newer update to fix everything in android 10 it's a buggy mess

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Yes I have noticed a few bugs like settings enabling themselves for no reason navigation bar enabled itself reduce animations enabled itself and the pre motion before a photo in camera enabled itself and I turned all these off usually after a reboot.

And the battery status display enabled itself when I turned it off.....

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @mikeybrayhx3,

If my suspicions are correct I think we will have and update by Friday.

Bug Squashing can be difficult it has to be tested to see if it doesn't break something else... The last thing they want and you want is another bug..

I'm sure it will be worth the wait

Ben Ginders
0 Likes
mikeybrayhx3
Navigator
Options

It seems Samsung are releasing the next build 

0 Likes
stanleywinston
Journeyman
Options
I've got it. still no way of getting the useful smartthings notification panel back
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

I have this update also, alot of fixes which is nice

Ben Ginders