Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 2.0 the Good & Bad so far

(Topic created on: 26-10-2019 06:41 PM)
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Let get talking about One UI 2.0...

What are your favourite changes to the new One UI as well as the not so good changes..

I have to say as a whole I am impressed with the new polished One UI, even in its (Pre mistake release) Beta stages, it is very stable.

Ok for my favourite changes are:

:smiling-face: The new Media & Devices shortcuts in the notification tray.. makes my Smart home even easier to access

:smiling-face: The new camera layout with easy acces filter/ Zoom shortcuts

:smiling-face: The New Gestures for Navigation

:smiling-face: The battery life is loads better

The not so Good

:face-with-rolling-eyes: I would have liked to have seen more customisation e.g full icon packs not just Samsung apps or even just icon masks like the ones in developer settings.

:face-with-rolling-eyes: Changes to lock screen colour & other personalisations don't apply till after restart

OK so now it's YOUR turn so have some fun, and remember everyone is entitled to have their own view on what is good and bad, we all like different things (which is why Samsung has a hard job of making us all happy :winking-face:

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
66 REPLIES 66
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

I'm personally  not seeing anything  that impacts  on my daily use of the phone in a positive  way. Dark mode isnt widely supported by apps to be a thing yet, to me, and as someone  who sets keyboard and wallpapers  to jet black anyway,  I dont really see it.

The gestures  for me, just dont work on apps. They just seem to be random, although  they work fine in general use whilst not in an app.

Was hoping that volume  syncing might be implemented  or more customizable  texts, but seems fine to use. 

The camera layout  has changed, cant make my mind up  on that yet.

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

@Bertie_bunghol  very good feedback,

I have been using this daily now for over a week now and had no issues other than the gesture glitches as you also have seen.

After playing round on the camera I actually like it over its predecessor.

in Beta 2 I have also noticed that the Cera suggests better modes... Like in a dark room it suggests dark mode which you can switch to by clicking the suggestion.

The volume linking would be a nice touch... Have you put this in as a suggestion.. of so I will add a like to support it :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options
Yeah, did suggest it. I'm currently using volume sync, free and no adds. I'm glad the gesture glitches aren't just me, was starting to get paranoid!
0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Great, I have just added a like and a comment to support your suggestion.. 

Nope certainly not just you, I find the glitches more prominent on the home screen 

Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

@BenGinders wrote:

@Bertie_bunghol  very good feedback,

I have been using this daily now for over a week now and had no issues other than the gesture glitches as you also have seen.

After playing round on the camera I actually like it over its predecessor.

in Beta 2 I have also noticed that the Cera suggests better modes... Like in a dark room it suggests dark mode which you can switch to by clicking the suggestion.

The volume linking would be a nice touch... Have you put this in as a suggestion.. of so I will add a like to support it :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Screenshot_20191027-103853_Wallpapers.jpg

Screenshot_20191025-045838_Samsung Pass.jpg

Having this issue with dark mode having a weird over layer on white and faded text.

0 Likes
mun_96
Pioneer
Options
You can force mode dark mode for apps in developer options. It works really well, the system is very smart in inverting the colours and leaving images etc intact and it makes apps true OLED dark mode (not a washed out greyish colour). Tap on about phone and click on build number 7 times to enable developer mode and then go to developer mode settings and click on the option for force dark mode for apps
stanleywinston
Journeyman
Options

Seems like a really minor update. Just done minor changes to how existing stuff looks rather than anything new. 

The media /devices thing in notifications is bad and outweighs any positives. I used to have icons for my Samsung watch and headphones there. Now I have to click on devices to bring up a screen with that information. And if I have media playing then I allay have something in notifications for that. That's the only noticible change and it's a step backwards

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
I'm also not happy with the new Media/Devices bar in the notification pulldown.
Its added extra steps for something that used to be quick and simple.
Such as switching from bluetooth to device audio.
Or as mentioned, opening the Wear app to adjust my earbud settings took too many extra steps to get it done, whereas on the old version it was a very quick and simple process.

I think it's a very big step back for that functionality.
I have no issue with that new gathering of devices and media on a separate app because I imagine that would be useful, my issue is the removal of that info from the notification pulldown delaying my task.
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

@ryamoo wrote:
Its added extra steps for something that used to be quick and simple.

Bang on. Personally I dont play any media on my phone at all, but it definitely  seemed a step backwards.  I only realised today I could remove it!

0 Likes
JackDemetriou
Navigator
Options

I love dark mode on OneUI 2.0, however, the dark mode is not actually black, where the pixels are turned off, but just a dark grey. I feel it would be better if they were actually black. This would also help with battery life as well.