Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No VoWiFi with Three UK

(Topic created on: 13-01-2020 04:22 PM)
GigaLatte
First Poster
Options

Since uograding to the Android 10 beta, I have lost the option to use VoWiFi with the Three UK network. This was previously working on Android 9. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Leon24xxx
Pathfinder
Options

VoWifi might be for branded ROMs. Did you have H3G rom (android 9) or XEU Or BTU rom before going to beta?

Leon24xxx
0 Likes
GigaLatte
First Poster
Options

Hi Leon24xxx

I purchased my S9 directly from Samsung unlocked, so it originally had the latest Android 9 BTU firmware. This did work on threes network for VoWiFi.

Looking at my status now it looks like I'm on XXU firmware as the baseband is now G960FXXU7ZTA2.

Could this be the problem? And if so, do you know if my device is likely to revert back to a BTU based firmware when the official Android 10 version is released? Or will I be able to reset the phone back to a BTU firmware?

0 Likes
GigaLatte
First Poster
Options

Just realised I've read the wrong thing.

My service provider software version is definitely still showing up as BTU.

SAOMC_SM-G960F_OXM_BTU_QQ_0014

BTU/BTU,BTU/BTU

0 Likes
Solution
Leon24xxx
Pathfinder
Options

I believe that after beta ends you'll get back to BTU , this is what I experienced in few years of beta testing.  BTU or XEU  shouldn't really matter but sometimes some functions are enabled on BTU  but not on XEU or vice versa.  I would suggest wait till beta ends (hopefully soon we'll get official ROM) or if it's important for you to get vowifi back urgently then withdraw from beta and downgrade back to BTU / XEU using smart switch.  

Leon24xxx
0 Likes
GigaLatte
First Poster
Options

Ok thanks for your help.

I'm going to downgrade for the time being as it is a feature I use regularly. Hopefully it won't be too long for an official version, it seems to work rather well in all other regards.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Npah3
Pathfinder
Options

I purchased my S9 from Samsung and it shows on my phone. I'm on Three network.

0 Likes
GigaLatte
First Poster
Options

Just an update. I did a factory reset of my phone last night in preparation for a clean downgrade back to Pie. However after restarting from the reset, the WiFi calling options reappeared in the menus and worked again. So it looks like something must have gone wrong during one of the beta upgrades and a reset fixed it. I'm guessing it could have been that it forced it to reinstall any provider settings.

Now with the beta 6 upgrade this morning, it is still working fine for VoWiFi.

0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@GigaLatte,

I am glad to hear that the WiFi calling options reappeared in the menus of your phone and they are working now. Thanks for sharing the information on how to possibly fix the issue :winking-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:. I hope you're enjoying our Beta programme :sun-with-face:

0 Likes