Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No supported app for this nfc tag pop-up

(Topic created on: 28-01-2020 03:55 PM)
Dadou1
Pioneer
Options

I use a Samsung case with a card slot, and a card in it. Been using the same setup on previous android with no issues. 

Samsung have  added a pop up to say "No supported app for this nfc tag"

The issue is that the pop-up has to be dismissed before interacting with the phone, especially annoying on the call screen as it means pressing twice to hang up the call... Meaning most of the time I put the phone down not realising the call is ongoing. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

Samsung told me it's a change of strategy for android 10,which really concerns me... 

34 REPLIES 34
JabuSibeko
First Poster
Options

This helped a lot, thanks!

0 Likes
ChrisCarroll
Student
Options

This is driving me mad since it started a few weeks back.

I have used NFC regularly for a number of years (Google Pay, topping up my travel card, etc.), I have had phone wallet cases on my last 5 phones. Never been an issue.

The latest update on my Note 10+ means that i can't fold open my phone to use it because the second it is unlocked and the cards from my wallet side go towards the back of the phone I am now getting this annoying pop up on my screen over and over again.

I know some people will say turn off NFC or don't hold your cards in the case but that's not an acceptible fix for this, that's completely changing my daily habits and routines. There needs to be an option to hide this pop up (as it is was hidden or non existant in the past).

As it stands now, I either constantly get the annoying pop up or I turn off NFC and then when I go to buy something in a shop I stand there like an ***** holding my phone to a card machine and nothing happens, then remember NFC is off, I have to tutn it back on, complete the sale , then remember to turn it off again or end up getting the pop ups again. I easily have to turn NFC on/off about 10 or more times a day now as a result of this.

cappadocia
Apprentice
Options

yes, exactly the same experience... totally unacceptable. BTW, if you turn NFC off, just launch Google Pay and it will tell you it's off. You only need to press the button which appers... of course, it takes longer and then you have to turn it off again...

ChrisCarroll
Student
Options

Sadly that means having to go to the app, open the app which is just as much hassle as switching it back on. I liked just unlocking the phone and holding it against the reader. Can't see how this would get past a Quality Assurance Testing team. 

cappadocia
Apprentice
Options

yes, I liked that too... you just held the phone and that was it... they completely ruined it...