Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No supported app for this nfc tag pop-up

(Topic created on: 12-01-2020 07:51 AM)
Dadou1
Pioneer
Options

I use a Samsung case with a card slot, and a card in it. Been using the same setup on previous android with no issues. 

Samsung have  added a pop up to say "No supported app for this nfc tag"

The issue is that the pop-up has to be dismissed before interacting with the phone, especially annoying on the call screen as it means pressing twice to hang up the call... Meaning most of the time I put the phone down not realising the call is ongoing. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

Samsung told me it's a change of strategy for android 10,which really concerns me... 

34 REPLIES 34
Lumi1
Student
Options
Hi, yes I'm well aware that it's the credit cards causing the issue but its beeping because your NFC on the phone is activated and it's trying to connect to tour phone. (NFC stands for Near Field Communication. Essentially, it's a way for your phone to interact with something in close proximity.) Many people have cases in which they only bring what they use - mine only has space for 2 so a Credit card and a driver's license. disabling the NFC will still save you the trouble of carrying an entire wallet when you don't need everything In it. But it's a personal preference as what you use and I'd you disable the NFC or not :smiling-face:
StAugGuy
First Poster
Options
That was a great help!!!
moonshine_jack
Student
Options

The problem with turning off the NFC is that Google Pay uses it so I would have to turn it on each time I went to pay for something. To avoid using a wallet, I keep a bank card and a £20 note in my phone case as backup and all was fine until the Android10 upgrade. As the original poster of his thread put it,

"I understand the logic and the feature but :

- why change, it must have been working before

- why have a notification every time

- give us the option to turn off the pop-up feature (but not payment capability)

- give us the option to ignore specific cards?"

... with which I wholely concur!

How can I stop the messages, keep my bank card in my phone case, be able to use Google Pay easily (ie keep NFC on), all without having to downgrade to Android 9?

Mlt2966
First Poster
Options

Does anyone have any other suggestions other than turning off? I dont use a case with credit card slots, and there aren't any near either. This issue started when I downloaded the latest update. This popup is really annoying!  I use this feature all the time and to have to turn it on every time I want to purchase something is ridiculous 

Vj5
First Poster
Options

Just updated and found this feature too. It wasn't present in Android 9 and now is really annoying. I hold a couple of cards in my phone case, to which the phone now reacts. I also prefer to keep NFC on, because my banking app allows to pay by my phone in a contactless way instead of a debit card, which I prefer to do (it is safer then the contactless card payment, because phone always ask for identification beforehand).

ColeCole
First Poster
Options

I am having this same issue. Is a software update coming out to fix this? 

Zena1234
First Poster
Options

Thank you this really helped me turn off the popup message👍👍👍👍

Dadou1
Pioneer
Options

@TomaszT

I know the beta for s10 is finished, but I am hoping you are still around?

Any feedback from the dev team on this? 

I am obviously not the only one affected, and it would be great to have a solution to use the Samsung case and the nfc at the same time, like learn a card for not bringing the pop-up everytime, or a setting to turn the pop-up off?

Thanks in advance 

David 

Tofudebeest
First Poster
Options

This happened to me too after downloading the latest updates for my S10.  It is annoying - how is it a feature? Please let us get rid of it. 

Jess121
First Poster
Options

My Samsung s6 I never installed updates (phone updates not app updates) and I have an s10e now as if 5 days ago I've had my s6 for 4 years never 1 problem with it still works like brand new to this day still going strong. Because I left the updates. As I heard they send virus updates after a while to get people to upgrade or buy now keep the money flowing.. so I left it. And all my mates that had s6 have had many problems n lasted about 2 years or so. Slow down crash not open. Stuff across the screen that won't go away all sorts and mine has been perfect. An this is all honest truth what im saying