Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more lag - fixed itself ???

(Topic created on: 22-12-2021 04:58 PM)
PlantPot
Pioneer
Options
Something has been updated in the background. No idea what, google play services, some dodgy app ? No idea, but all the lag and freeze problems have stopped for me. Using 120Hz refresh no probs, been good now for over a week. No crashes or issues. 

There's still no obvious useful improvement over android 11 but google says it looks prettier. I'll take their word for that. 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Deadpool2e
First Poster
Options
I'm still getting bad lag
0 Likes
Sad_Linus_Guy
Student
Options
Everything's fine on mine, just dialogue box text is a bit off (on dork mode, text is white and the box is white, making the text unreadable)
0 Likes
PlantPot
Pioneer
Options
That's weird. Seems it's all a bit of a mess
0 Likes
Rizij222
Navigator
Options
Same it stopes and it starts few days later
0 Likes
PlantPot
Pioneer
Options
If I work out what happened I will post. I cannot tell right now. But it is running fine.

One thing I turned off was the function to put apps to sleep to save battery. It was stopping everything working properly and nothing updated. Too aggressive. But it was already ok before I did that.
0 Likes
TB82
Student
Options
I downgraded, factory reset then reinstalled the beta, and it is so much better. Long battery life, quick, and my contactless payments work (Barclays banking app).
0 Likes
PlantPot
Pioneer
Options
I used to own a cheap and cheerful, but meant to be high spec phone. Lots of beta and regular updates. I'm not saying which brand, but regular factory reset was part of life. Even for official builds. I got fed up and switched to my first galaxy S series. So much better, until now. Never had to reset or clear cache so much as the S20. It's been shocking.
0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @PlantPot 

I am glad that the problem does not bother you anymore. I have been trying to hunt down which process/app might be causing it, so if you find out what has been updated that helped with it, please share it here. Thank you!

0 Likes
PlantPot
Pioneer
Options
Hi, not been able to yet. I get occasional brief slows but not the freeze issue that used to happen. if it comes back like before and something obvious has changed I might be able to spot it.
0 Likes