Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Option- Fast Wireless Charging

(Topic created on: 07-11-2019 07:51 PM)
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Anyone else noticed the new fast wireless charge option in battery settingsScreenshot_20191107-194453_Device care.jpg

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
11 REPLIES 11
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Yep, I noticed it. Was going to post earlier but forgot.

It didn't charge any faster on the wireless charger I use but it was a cheap one from about 4 years ago.

Is there a special charger that it works with or something? 

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @BenGinders 

Thanks for sharing that information! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

I admit, I have missed it, since I do not use a wireless charger 🙈

Not sure about other brands, but if you use Samsung's original wireless charger, that should be possible @ryamoo 

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

@TomaszT  I do not use one but seen others mentioning so thought I would let the good community know :winking-face:

Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

Wasnt that always there? If not,  i assume it was on by default,  and this is a means to turn it off? Certainly  doesn't seem to do anything  faster, but I'm certainly  not grumbling about charge speed, I'm quite happy with it 

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Bertie_bunghol

It was just the fast cable charging option before this build.

I believe it was on by default before but because some prefer slow charging for example overnight they have given the option to switch it off

Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

Ah.

Do you what? It would be great if you could link it to Bixby routines or put a schedule on them.

I like most (?) Put my phone on charge overnight,  and prefer to slow charge for battery health reasons. But if I charge during  the day its generally for an emergency boost, that I need quickly. 

Would be great to be able to do this without messing about with settings every time.

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

100%, I do exactly the same. I remember adding a like to a suggestion for this.

Hopefully if it gets enought likes it will get implemented

Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I thought it was always there, too
Andy3
Voyager
Options

Its not new it's been there in android 9 too. I have only ever used wireless charging to charge my s10. Fast wireless option should be invisible to you unless you have placed your s10 on a wireless charger. Perhaps the beta isn't doing that just yet.