Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moisture in charger port message

(Topic created on: 29-10-2020 05:46 PM)
Crashtest1
Explorer
Options
I've installed the beta and I keep getting moisture in the charger port message, phone has not been near moisture. I have cleaned the port and dried it with a stream of nitrogen. I'm a bit stuck as I only have 10% battery and no wireless charger 😒
9 REPLIES 9
harrythake
Explorer
Options
I had the same issue when it rained which had never happened before on the one hi 2.5. I hard restarted the phone and seemed to fix the issue.
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Not the best solution but might be worth investing in a wireless charger, even a cheap £10 as a backup for these situations.
0 Likes
Crashtest1
Explorer
Options
the phone hasn't been anywhere near moisture, if a hard reset fixes it that shows it is a software issue
0 Likes
charlas
Navigator
Options
Make sure it is free of lint and pocket rubble. Anything slightly conductive in the usb port will throw the warning.
0 Likes
Eck1955
Navigator
Options
turn off the phone and when starting phone connect charger when the Samsung icon comes up.That should solve the problem
0 Likes
Eck1955
Navigator
Options
As per my post above I had the same problem and I googled solutions and the above worked for me
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Crashtest1,

I see that you've already checked the charging port for any foreign particles such as dust or water. When it's clear, we usually recommend to take the phone to one of our Samsung Support Centers so that our engineers can take a look at what's triggering the message. But during this lockdown situation, I think you can also try to report the problem via the Members application (if a simple reset doesn't help), maybe there is a chance the issue can be remotely fixed! :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

0 Likes
Crashtest1
Explorer
Options
it was left in a room that was 1% RH for 12 hours which didn't seem to do anything so it was left with a charger attached until the battery went completely flat. Then it would charge.
0 Likes
Crashtest1
Explorer
Options
so the message went and I could charge my phone, wouldn't fast charge.

The message has reappeared 😒
0 Likes