Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Photos - review changes

(Topic created on: 03-11-2020 08:53 PM)
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
Has anyone had the sync review alert on Google photos? 
I took 4 photos today, and the camera app had the orientation wrong. 
Google photos offered to correct them, so I made changes.
I then also edited the photos on the gallery app to rotate them correctly. 

Google just had an alert in-app about reviewing changes and allowing them on this device. It was the 4 photos from earlier.
I accepted the changes, and the photos seem to be gone.
Gallery app shows an exclamation mark placeholder, and a size of 0bytes (screenshots attached). 
Google photos still has the images, and suggests they're still on the device (has the option to delete from device). It also shows their size as 0bytes. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
A file browsing app also shows the photos as 0 byes. This isn't reassuring.
Not sure I can even report this on the members app feedback because I restarted my device thinking gallery just needed to re-index the files.
I'll try taking some test photos later/tomorrow and see if I can recreate the issue.

Screenshot_20201103-205905_Files by Google_31742.jpg

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
I tried editing on Google Photos to see if that might trigger something but it just alerts saying "Unable to edit. Check your connection".

Screenshot_20201103-210248_Photos_31744.jpg

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
I think the new Android 11 "feature" of "scoped storage" isn't working.
it's supposed to have a trash can, but I've just told Google photos to delete a photo from device, then confirmed.
I checked recycle bin but there's nothing there, and checked for the hidden .$Trash. folder but the folder isn't on my internal storage.
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@ryamoo,

I am sorry to hear about this issue 😕. If you mange to recreate the issue, please report it via the Members application. It would be great if you could attach this detailed description of the problem. So in case there is a need, the developers can reproduce the issue also on their own.

0 Likes