Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pay doesn't work

(Topic created on: 02-11-2020 08:45 AM)
Jangles
Pioneer
Options
I discovered that Google Pay doesn't work with beta 2 on my S20 5G. Trying to use it to pay for some grocery shopping, the app produced an error (screenshot):

Hope this is fixed in release version. 

#googlepay #s205g

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
slater1991
Pioneer
Options
Google pay doesn't work on betas. so can't be used unless you go back to android 10 or wait until stable version of one ui 3 is released
Lewish327
Pioneer
Options
sick of seeing these people ask the same question *****

GOOGLE PAY WILL NEVER WORK ON A F**KING BETA
charlas
Navigator
Options
Yeah... Might be worth samsung outlining it in the beta notes, as this is the most asked question ever...

It doesn't even work in Betas for Google OWN devices.

@Anonymous User, please put a bitlg bold note in the pre-beta guide saying this
BobD49
Journeyman
Options
You can still pay contactless using Samsung Pay. It still works a treat and using fingerprint recognition it's more secure than Google Pay if you lose your phone.
Arae24
Journeyman
Options
If its the first time someone uses the beta the problem is new to them. Samsung need to make this clear, giving an individual the choice to sign up or not.
Lewish327
Pioneer
Options
it's in the t&c clearly not been read by you nor the OP
Bobcat2010
Journeyman
Options
seems like a lot of people jump on the beta for the sake of being ahead of their friends and they don't take the time to look into what running beta actually means and what issues may occur
Arae24
Journeyman
Options
True, how many people do you think read the T&C. They, like me wanted the latest version of android!
Jangles
Pioneer
Options
Yeah, I saw that. But I don't want to use Samsung Pay and in any case, the issuer of the card I use most doesn't support Samsung Pay only Google Pay. And what a performance to set it up via a virtual card. I can wait for the release version to use this!
0 Likes