Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Chrome Dark Mode

(Topic created on: 29-10-2019 12:20 PM)
mun_96
Pioneer
Options

Anyone tried out dark mode in chrome android yet? Pretty good as it's true OLED black now with the new chrome update.

To access, type 'chrome:flags' in the address bar and go to developer options where it says 'Force Dark Mode for Web Contents'.

Works pretty well as it seems smart in the things it colour inverts, i.e. leaves images intact.

There is the 'enabled mode' but there are other colour inversion modes. Anyone have any experience with the other inversion modes other than the standard 'enabled' dark mode?

3 REPLIES 3
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

I found one of them flags to cause issues where it changes the webpages itself all the images would be inverted and edges looke ruff. I just use the Theme found in chrome settings now :smiling-face:Screenshot_20191029-174221_Chrome.jpg

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
mun_96
Pioneer
Options

I found the theme doesn't affect the web pages but the force dark mode flag works very well now with none of the colour inversion 🌝 I think they've improved it a lot

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @mun_96 

Great find! Thanks for sharing it! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

It really does look nice. My eyes will finally get some rest during the about-to-go-to-sleep browsing :face-with-tears-of-joy: