Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gallery - editing photos

(Topic created on: 27-10-2020 05:42 PM)
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
Something about the gallery app has been bugging me and I've just realised what.
Editing photos - it doesn't keep the original.
On OneUI2.* it would save a new copy when editing but it no longer does that.
So if I want to edit a photo multiple times in different ways, I can't. 
Am I missing the setting to change that? It's a bit frustrating. 
Videos save a new copy when editing. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
MikeT30
Navigator
Options
I tried it out now and was editing a foto in my Gallery. It kept the original one.
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
I've just took a photo to edit, and it definitely overwrites the original for me, doesn't keep the original and the edited, so now I just have the one edited copy.

I figured I'd check the editing options, and there is now a "save a copy" option.
I guess that's something I'll use to get used to.
I'll pop it on suggestions - would be good if we could choose the default.
0 Likes
BiggestDave
Student
Options
If you click edit on an edited picture there is an option to revert the pic to its original state. It just no longer displays the original image alongside the edut
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
I've spotted the revert, but my issue is that I'll sometimes make multiple edits to the same image, so reverting would be no good.
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@ryamoo,

Thankfully, it is still possible to get back to the original photo. I understand that some edited versions are not always perfect! It would be so sad to no longer be able to revert to the original photo, in case something goes wrong while editing 😀

As @BiggestDave has already mentioned (Thanks!), to view the original picture you can just click 'Edit' option on a previously edited photo and then revert it to its original state!

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
I'd just replied to dave - I do know of the revert option, but sometimes I'll make multiple edits to the same photo, so revert doesn't work for me.
there's a "save a copy" option hidden in the editing menu, but that should be a configurable thing because most won't notice that.
an option in the gallery settings to change the default action would be preferred. It's also something where the customisation service would come in handy (with the AI detecting I always save a copy, so gives me that option instead) but I imagine it isn't that advanced.
0 Likes
NoteUltra20User
First Poster
Options

It doesn't bother me there was a change it bothers me there is no option to choose the default method. The product I paid for is now different to what I have which is in my opinion isn't acceptable with and we should get a choice to create new image as default like before with a toggle button in settings.

0 Likes
dawn112
Student
Options
Hi
0 Likes