Journeyman
Options
Cna anyone find the files, data and obb section in my files because I can't 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
viv_matt
Voyager
Options
All there as far as I can see on the S20 ULTRA.
See image attached, at the time of posting this there was an update for my files available in the settings of my files.

Screenshot_20201125-005032_My Files.jpg

0 Likes
DRR55
First Poster
Options
I reported this issue several days ago. I am still unable to see any subfolders or files in Android/data using the latest available version of My Files. I also tried it with another file manager but the result was the same. I am using the S20 Ultra 5G.
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @AhmedAtcha,

Please, report this issue via the Members app so that our developers can analyze the problem!:hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

0 Likes
yurividal
Navigator
Options
I think this is a restriction from Android 11... For "security"
0 Likes
yurividal
Navigator
Options
Welcome to Android 11. This is, unfortunately, a design decision that Google made in the name of privacy. Apps can no longer access the `Android/data` or `Android/obb` folders (the latter is allowed only if the user has granted the app permission for installing APKs)

You can still use the AOSP files app (Settings -> Storage -> Files) to view and delete files from the `data` directory, as well as copy and move files _out_ of the directory, but you can't use it to copy or move files _into_ the directory. In order to do that, the only solution is to connect the device to a computer using USB, or to root your device.
Andrea-F
Pathfinder
Options

Can you please explain me how where I can find the AOSP file app you mentioned?

Thank you.

0 Likes