Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FB Messenger Chat Heads

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 06:44 PM)
SirCubed
Explorer
Options
Is there any way to revert to the original messenger chat heads? The original ones look better and function better than One UI's notification bubbles in my opinion.

Pictures of both the old style and the new one with descriptions are below.

The old style which I prefer
This is the older style which would take up the whole screen and the bubbles looked better, and they also remembered where they were last positioned, meaning they would reappear in their last location when a new message came through.

The new style which I dislike
This is the new style that I dislike, which only seems to be with One UI 3 as its now intergrated into the bubble notification settings. The bubbles also don't remember where they last were and will appear in the top left of the screen every time after closing them.

Is there a way to revert to Messenger's chat heads as opposed to One UI's notification bubbles?

13 REPLIES 13
mainasus
First Poster
Options

I guess the only way to bring them back is to re-flash the rom back to android 10 😞

0 Likes
Melmo
First Poster
Options

It is so annoying right I hate the bubbles the issue I'm having with them is unless I close the bubble all together my phone keeps alerting me that there is a unread notification I want chat heads back! My google pixel 2 still has chat heads with Android 11 update why did Samsung stuff this up! Bubbles suck! 

0 Likes
Hellohelpworld
First Poster
Options

could you please tell me what the first bubble is that has the sideways triangle/play icon? The one that has the 20 icon on it. 

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I believe that was from a messenger update before Android took over "Bubbles", and it was for Facebook/Messenger Stories. Tapping on that would automatically start playing peoples story updates, I think with a list to choose from. 

0 Likes