Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook messenger chat head bubble not appearing

(Topic created on: 31-12-2020 06:12 PM)
GoatWick
Journeyman
Options
When I get a FB message, the chat head bubble doesn't appear.I only receive a notification in the status bar/ notification drawer. I have gone into FB messenger and everything is set up correct. I have also gone into the Samsung Notification settings and enabled bubbles notification, but I still don't get the chat head.

Any body else have this issue?

*EDIT* I have fixed the issue. I had to into App info > Notifications > show as Bubbles
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
i got same problem. been reported already many times by users. hope this will change sooon
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@GoatWick,

I am glad to hear that you've managed to fix the issue 😉. Thanks for sharing your solution to the problem here!

0 Likes
MelissR92
Apprentice
Options
hi, could any one help. I have tried go get chat heads back on messenger since updating to android 11. have tried the above advice and I dont have the option in app info to show as bubbles. thanks in advance
gina-ozmtz
First Poster
Options

I think I was able to figure it out. Go to Settings -> Notifications -> Advanced Settings -> Floating notifications -> and select Bubbles. Hope this helps!

ShieldOfSalvation
First Poster
Options

That worked, only that Facebook Messenger bubbles still don't work exactly as they used to. At least now the bubbles appear. But the experience isn't the same. 

Kratos
First Poster
Options

I have a solution that worked for me.update messenger to latest version if it's not already.uninstall it. Download messenger version 240.0.0.12.120 from APKmirror. Install that version,login in your account,enable chat heads in the app,then go update the app from play store. Hope it helps.

0 Likes
radium
First Poster
Options

Personally, I just realized that I had do not disturb on 😅

0 Likes
dolpheena
First Poster
Options
mines doing same no chateaus since update
0 Likes
dolpheena