Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Facebook feature update notification.

(Topic created on: 18-11-2019 06:56 PM)
Valgore
Navigator
Options

So this has been spoken about before but about 2weeks ago. Since the latest Beta update I'm now receiving the same notification of "Facebook features updating" I can close the notification by going in to the play store but it comes back after 30mins or so. Anyone els having this issue since the new update? 

16 REPLIES 16
Davethetech
Explorer
Options

Yes I am getting the same message too, it seems to keep trying to update but never seems to complete. I is very annoying!Screenshot_20191116-113830_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Andy3
Voyager
Options
I fixed mine. Uninstall facebook then reinstall seems to have fixed it for me.
Davethetech
Explorer
Options

It seems that's the fix. I uninstalled Facebook then reinstalled it, now no more update notifications. Thanks @Andy3 

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Thanks for sharing that @Andy3 ! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@Davethetech wrote:

It seems that's the fix. I uninstalled Facebook then reinstalled it, now no more update notifications. Thanks @Andy3 

How did you uninstall Facebook? 

All I can do is disable Facebook, it doesnt allow me to uninstall. I've been trying that since getting the phone because Facebook is such a huge battery suck. 

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Got to apps in settings find Facebook click it. At the top click the 3 dots uninstall updates
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

@Andy3 wrote:
Got to apps in settings find Facebook click it. At the top click the 3 dots uninstall updates

That just uninstalls updates though, doesn't uninstall Facebook completely. 

Got my hopes up 😉

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
The only way to completely uninstall facebook is to go back to android 9. Unfortunately Facebook is backed into android 10 at this time. You can always uninstall the updates and disable facebook
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Facebook was forced on Android 9 too, and 8.

I've never been able to uninstall it on my S8, S9 or S10 on any version.

Disabling it works a little, but theres still other Facebook related apps that seem to continue running regardless of how many apps with Facebook in their name I disable. 

0 Likes