Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook chat heads/bubbles.

(Topic created on: 23-10-2020 03:05 PM)
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
Hi there,
Did anyone managed to make Chad heads or bubbles from Facebook messenger, whatever they call it now, working?
When I open the app and hold my finger on the chat and choose open in bubbles I only feel vibration feedback and an icon appears in the notification tray but I can't see any bubble or chat head opening. To open the desired chat I need to open the whole app.
To be honest - it works like on the iPhone now, I can run Facebook messenger only in full screen without chadheads in the background like as it always been on Android. 
Is there anything I need to turn on or there's more people facing this issue?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
Ah yes, that icon is gone. That does suck - I used it often.
I've just done the chat bubble steps for another chat, and it doesn't automatically open the bubble which is frustrating - I had to hit the icon again to pop it out.
I've circled the icon on the screenshot. The other screenshot is how it looks when I tap the bubble once it appears. No way to go back to the list of chats like before - tapping the messenger icon in the top left just opens messenger full screen.Screenshot_20201024-052824_Messenger.jpgScreenshot_20201024-052800_One UI Home.jpg

View solution in context

Solution
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
the other thing to try:
tap and hold the messenger app icon
- tap the "i" to go to the app info.
- tap notifications
- tap Show as bubbles
- choose "All"

I've just done that, and now bubbled automatically pop out when I tap and hold a conversation and do "show as bubble".

The removal of the icon you're talking about on the screenshot you posted it frustrating still as it adds an extra step.
Previously, you could tap the messenger icon, tap a conversation, and it appears as a chat head.
now, tap the messenger icon in the top left of a conversation, tap-hold a conversation (kinda counting that as a similar step to how it was previously), then tap "show as bubble" (this being the extra step).

View solution in context

19 REPLIES 19
JackDemetriou
Navigator
Options
I can't seem to get chat bubbles for Facebook Messenger either
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
Settings app.
- Notifications
- Advanced Settings
- Floating notifications
- choose Bubbles.

Then do the same thing you tried, to open the messenger bubble.
Then bring down the notifications panel and in one of the right hand corners of the notification (bottom right, I think) there's a rounded square icon with a small arrow. tap that and the conversation will pop out, and have a bubble head.

I'm not sure if those steps are supposed to be done, or if its buggy.
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
It's not this I'm afraid. Your solution works only for a certain chat. Previously next to the bubble there was a button that was allowing you to open the whole list of chats. Like on the screenshot - it's a random one from internet.
And this will work for all apps now, what I wanted to find was the build in messenger chat head.

So now to switch to other conversation having that bubble opened, you need to find messenger in app drawer and open a new bubble manually. Don't know if it's the way they want this to work but it did work as it supposed to work before the update.
But yeah, it's better than nothing.

Could you screenshot this please? I can't find it anywhere, I Can't see anything in notification tray when having bubbles opened.

"bubble.
Then bring down the notifications panel and in one of the right hand corners of the notification (bottom right, I think) there's a rounded square icon with a small arrow. tap that and the conversation will pop out, and have a bubble head. "

It just looks like there is no chat heads anymore. I am gutted.

ThanksScreenshot_20180418-191511_10704.png
0 Likes
Solution
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
Ah yes, that icon is gone. That does suck - I used it often.
I've just done the chat bubble steps for another chat, and it doesn't automatically open the bubble which is frustrating - I had to hit the icon again to pop it out.
I've circled the icon on the screenshot. The other screenshot is how it looks when I tap the bubble once it appears. No way to go back to the list of chats like before - tapping the messenger icon in the top left just opens messenger full screen.Screenshot_20201024-052824_Messenger.jpgScreenshot_20201024-052800_One UI Home.jpg
Solution
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
the other thing to try:
tap and hold the messenger app icon
- tap the "i" to go to the app info.
- tap notifications
- tap Show as bubbles
- choose "All"

I've just done that, and now bubbled automatically pop out when I tap and hold a conversation and do "show as bubble".

The removal of the icon you're talking about on the screenshot you posted it frustrating still as it adds an extra step.
Previously, you could tap the messenger icon, tap a conversation, and it appears as a chat head.
now, tap the messenger icon in the top left of a conversation, tap-hold a conversation (kinda counting that as a similar step to how it was previously), then tap "show as bubble" (this being the extra step).
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
I'm blind, I didn't see that small icon on the left of the picture of a person I'm talking with. So yeah, now I can move to all chats straight from the bubble but still, if I want to open a new there's an extra step like you said - long press and open as bubble. What's the reason of adding additional step - only they know.
I think it's Facebook's problem or just Android 11, not strictly Samsung related.

And I think these bubbles are too small, I don't like the way it looks.
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
Bubbles was turned off for me, turning this on in facebook messenger or messenger app settings/notifications 🙏Screenshot_20201024-170831_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Kondek85,

Our developers are aware of the issue and they are working on fixing it, if possible; however, there is a chance that this is a compatibility problem of Messenger application with the new version of Android. And if that's the case, then it needs to be fixed on the Facebook side.

Freyr
First Poster
Options

My bubbles stopped showing up seemingly out of no reason earlier today. I have tried to look all over the internet for answers. I don't have this toggle for bubbles. Any ideas? My software is up to date and I am using S10e.

Screenshot_20201210-011133_Settings.jpg