Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exynos S10+ Battery drain on Beta

(Topic created on: 22-11-2019 12:26 PM)
Arshaa
Navigator
Options

My exynos s10+ is DRAINING excessively with the new beta software. While I was sleeping, the phone has lost nearly 23% of its power where the screen is on for just 20 minutes post a full charge. The power management for the exynos was already very bad with the Android Pie software for the exynos variants. (unfortunately I am unable to attach the screenshot with this post) 

The general expectation is that with a newer version of OS the battery should always get better no matter what. I believe that should be the same with my phone as well. 

I wish this issue gets fixed somehow. I have already submitted a report as well. 

@TomaszT just tagging u to bring the issue to your notice. 

32 REPLIES 32
Gav4b
Pathfinder
Options
I'm on EE , but after receiving the new beta update today battery has been going down quicker will wait and see what it's like after a day or so phone feels a lot faster tho
0 Likes
Christo1986
Pioneer
Options

Hows it doing now ? Any improvements ?I'm same s10 plus ee on beta ,I've done absolutely everything possible to change the behaviour of it and nothing changes, about 6 hour sot to 6 n half 

0 Likes
Pichulec
Explorer
Options

I can't complain about my battery. Have a lookScreenshot_20191122-080532_AccuBattery.jpg

0 Likes
Arshaa
Navigator
Options
How on earth did u achieve this much battery life? Are u owning the Snapdragon version?

If u r on exynos, sharing a few tips and tricks would help a lot of other users too..
0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I've never quite understood accubattery's estimations. Even Samsung's.

For me its saying 7:35 estimate for total battery screen on time but I know from every charge ever on this device (S10), that's nonsense. I never get more than 5 hours. Usually between 4 and 5 hours. 

0 Likes
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I'm currently at 87%. 

11% used in 44m of screen on, 2% used in 27m of screen off.

Its suggesting 7:35 screen on time and 12:23 combined.

So I should get another ~11 hours before needing to charge. Or at least 6:50ish of screen on time.

Its 8:15am. I'll post back in 8 hours with an update (if my battery isn't flat).

0 Likes
JAMESCUNNY17
Pioneer
Options

Same here on My S10+ on optimised mode no difference in battery life from when I was using high performance mode.Would state though that there is a issue with my network in my area could be affecting things for me.

Andy3
Voyager
Options

Screenshot_20191122-122355_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options

Looks fine to me. Remember its beta so battery is not going to be it's best

0 Likes
Christo1986
Pioneer
Options

All the battery saving techniques do nothing ,if you put the battery on medium power saving mode which slows the processor down you can see a bit of a difference .

It's the exynos processor that is the problem , can guarantee it.