Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera - Image Quality

(Topic created on: 02-12-2020 09:12 AM)
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
Skin tones are definitely not right, I can definitely tell the camera is trying to whiten/lighten me up. 

When shooting in Night mode (even when there's plenty of light), the skin tones still look a little brighter than they should. It almost looks like the Exynos shoots with/biases towards a higher exposure. I think the artificial whitening in the auto mode on Exynos makes pics look like there is smoothening happening still in some places. 

Basically its trying to make my face look flat when taking a picture, the processing is removing shadow depth etc - this doesn't happen on night mode.

In poor lighting, the photos still look like they have an oil painting effect on them.

I've reported this. 

Does anyone else have any constructive feedback?
12 REPLIES 12
Brunswick
Pathfinder
Options
I do feel pics are not as clear as they used to be but they have said in notices that there are issues with camera app
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
I don't think it's the app per say, it's more the processing. I just don't get how they can be so far behind
0 Likes
Intratech
Voyager
Options
There is definitely a reduction in the clarity of the images being captured using the beta firmware for sure. Night Mode is also producing very noisy and grainy images now in situation where it used to produce very clear pictures.
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options
@Jaybee360 for the skin tones and smoothness you could try clicking on the wand icon (top right on the Camera screen)
the turn off facial enhancements by clicking on the smiley face.
otherwise try switching "Scene Optimiser" off

Screenshot_20201202-164759_Camera_7818.jpg

Screenshot_20201202-164812_Camera.jpg

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options
also there is an option for changing the selfie colour tone via the settings cog icon

Screenshot_20201202-165405_Camera_7823.jpg

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
all off.
0 Likes
DerekBigWeeLaddie
Pathfinder
Options
Yes I get the same problems! There is also a definite yellow tinge on skin tones after the beta update!

I would imagine these will all be fixed in next beta update?
0 Likes
KizzyCatWoman
Pioneer
Options
I took a photo of my ginger cat and his face was almost white. the white balance is definitely off. I am on exynos chip as well
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Jaybee360,

Thank you for having reported the problem. I hope you attached some sample photos to your report as they can help a lot in fixing the issue! 😉

Hopefully the issue will be quickly resolved :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

0 Likes