Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After experiencing the stutters and freezes it made me appreciate iOS more

(Topic created on: 29-11-2020 12:33 AM)
MustafaIslam
Pioneer
Options
Samsung are trying to making animations look smoother and trying to make the whole OS flow nicer, but its not working as it should. There's app freezes, stutters when closing and opening apps sometimes, app crashing etc. And I experienced this in One UI 2.5 as well.

This whole experience with Samsung's One UI really makes me appreciate and marvel at what Apple have achieved with iOS. Smooth animations with basically not stutters or freezes, much less battery drain even though the OS is a lot more polished. 

Samsung devs can definitely make something better than what's currently available. Make it smooth but also use less battery. Why is Android so inefficient? I know Android is packed with more features but that shouldn't mean it's this bad with battery life. iPhones somehow have longer battery life with smaller batteries. It's been literally years and years and Android still can't match iOS's efficiency and smoothness. I like Samsung and Google and I want them to succeed with their OS but theyre not polishing the foundations. 

Current Phone: Galaxy S10 128GB Exynos SoC | Model SM-G973F
8 REPLIES 8
WalterFox
Navigator
Options
therefore the idea of testers is to find bugs so that they can fix something so that the final version is as close to perfection as possible :winking-face:
you should be aware of issues deciding to be a beta tester
MustafaIslam
Pioneer
Options
it's not just the beta though. like I mentioned in the OP, I also experienced it in the final public version of One UI 2.0 and 2.5. its just not a smooth and stable experience.

0 Likes
SiBozzy1811
Pathfinder
Options
I honestly don't get what you mean. one ui 2.0 final and 2.5 final were not like you said for me. also for 3.0, it's beta so it's bound to have laggy animations etc. just wait for beta 2 and I can almost guarantee the lags will be gone as we are on the same build number as the s20 series, they're on their 8th beta
Intratech
Voyager
Options
Your experience on OneUI 2.5 reads very alien to mine.
0 Likes
Jason13v8
Pioneer
Options
have you sent error reports via the members app? if not then it won't help.... apple never asked for permission or feedback they just took it along with all your other information. most of my colleagues have apple and they constantly have their phones plugged in because of ***** battery. plus sending out os they causes older devices to break! was proven too, surely that's not a good thing. I can get an android which is 6 years old and I can install the latest os on it, can't do that with iOS .I can install apps on android from any source, music, movies, normally I turn animations off anyway so! all of the about is more important to me insead of animations
0 Likes
AlexLdn
Voyager
Options
I agree with him to be honest, one ui 2.5 is not as smooth I was expected as well. Especially returning home or switching app. I had a mate 20 pro before my s10+ and animation etc was smoother. When you pay 1k for a smartphone you are excepting the best, some might go with it and some my see that it's not perfect. The beta it's obvious that is not gonna be smooth but I hope it will be better than 2.5 in final version
MustafaIslam
Pioneer
Options
yup I have sent error reports and feedback on things that have been buggy

0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@MustafaIslam,

Thank you for your feedback and for reporting the issues you've been experiencing on your device. 

If you would like to have any changes implemented on your device, I truly recommend you to post them on Beta Community. If they are not too personalized, we can forward them to our development team, and it is possible that some suggestions can be introduced in the future. The user satisfaction is vital for us. Our developers are working hard to improve the battery life, overall performance and smoothness of interactions on the software. I am sure further improvements will be visible soon. I hope your experience with Samsung devices will quickly improve and you can notice benefits of using the Samsung devices! :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

0 Likes