Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Beta is Here 25th October

(Topic created on: 25-10-2019 11:03 AM)
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi all,

Check your software updates this morning, the second Beta is waiting for you :smiling-face: 

Once you have updated to the second Beta, post your thoughts here..

:white-medium-star: Does this fix the issues you were facing?

:white-medium-star:H you noticed any cool new features not mentioned in the update description?

:white-medium-star:  What do you think of the new features?Screenshot_20191025-050206_Software update.jpg

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
John51
Pioneer
Options

Are you sure that its second beta? I thought it was only update to fix fingerprint issues as it's only just 500mb 

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @John51 ,

Yes I am certain this is the 2nd beta, the stand alone update for fingerprint is only for the Android 9 (Pie) devices.

With the Beta the rule is to expect all confirmed fixes to be implemented in the next Beta update... We will have all the fixes suggested by the German, American and Chinese Beta Community where applicable in the UK :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @BenGinders 

Yes, I am also excited for it! :smiling-face:

So far, I have played with front camera Slow motion feature and it does work really nice.

I will be sure to make some silly videos and share them with my friends during a weekend :face-with-tears-of-joy::grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye:

@John51 

Yes, it is!

Well, technically it is 1st official Beta binary on UK, France, Poland and Spain.

But the software is the same as 2nd one for Germany, Korea, USA and China.

0 Likes
ARamsay
Navigator
Options

@TomaszT 

Will any of the issues I reported from the first "unofficial beta" in the members app still be reviewed as all of the issues i reported still persist.

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @ARamsay 

Yes, of course.

Even though there is a new binary, all the error reports from the old one will still be reviewed and analyzed as it is very important to find the source of the problem and fix it.

We understand that some software patches might only temporary fix the problems, so it is not enough for us that "Right now it works fine" :winking-face:

FashFD
Journeyman
Options

Yep fixed my issues. I had the problem sharing straight from the gallery to other said such as WhatsApp and ask is working well now. Also the latest video update now shows the videos on the phone. Slo mo on front facing camera works well although not sure if it's something I would use often. 

ARamsay
Navigator
Options
Odd. Still doesn't work for me sharing straight from the gallery or smart select
0 Likes
smalin
Journeyman
Options

Seems good so far, although I lost Vodafone Wifi Calling (strangely, it disappeared after today's update, not Mondays) so I need to get VF to push the config to my phone. 

0 Likes
Okuda
Journeyman
Options
Sidebar with folder issue is still there..!
0 Likes