Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Network Password issues

(Topic created on: 09-09-2022 09:18 AM)
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options
Currently on latest beta firmware using the S21 Ultra, and I'm having daily issues with WiFi in that I have to keep on inputting the password to the same WiFi I have at home.

Having checked router logs, I can just see the regular comment that my device has disassociated itself from the router. Then my phone is on regular 4G/5G until I enter my password again.

I have 4 bands of WiFi:

2.4 ghz
5 ghz 1
5 ghz 2
6E ghz 

Router is: ASUS GT-AXE16000

I have issues with 3 of the 4 bands, as I don't ever use the 2.4ghz band, that's just for "smart" devices etc.

I also have a Samsung Tab S8 Ultra which connects to the same bands, but is not on beta software (why not??) but that doesn't show the same behaviour, and stays connected all the time to the same band.

Thank you for taking the time to read this far.
So many Samsung products, so many problems...One day I will learn!
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Tell your s21 to forget the networks then reboot your phone then once the phone sees the network... log on
This is what I had to do when the phone got confused... so far everything is working well.
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options
Interesting, I will give this a go now. Cheers.
0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
I actually went a little further and reset network settings, which required WiFi password re-entry, resulting in increased performance from bog standard Vodafone Router.

Settings/General Management/Reset/Reset network settings
AnnaMaz
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @ToonTonic ,

Have you managed to fix the issue using the solutions proposed in the thread? If not, it's always good to perform Wipe Cache Partition on the device and if that doesn't help - Please report the error via Samsung Members app so that the developers can take a look 😊

Have a good day!

ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options
Yes that is the next step as nothing has worked for me unfortunately.

It's very frustrating.
0 Likes