Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen off and unresponsive, then phone restarted

(Topic created on: 22-09-2022 10:59 PM)
Numec
Explorer
Options
Hello, Im on beta 2 now and the weirdest thing just happened more than once. The screen dimmed and turned off, I cannot get it ON again by double tapping or power button. The phone then restarted. This happened few times and very bizzare. I've cleared cache when I updated to beta 2 immediately earlier today which the phone has been fine. Just tonight, this happened which I am not convinced that it is a good thing. Anyone had similar issue?
9 REPLIES 9
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Were you using the modes? A few people experiencing the same issue.Screenshot_20220922_230054_Modes.jpgScreenshot_20220922_230122_Twitter.jpg
scuddzero
Journeyman
Options
Mine went off when do not disturb kicked in. Try turning that off and deleting any scheduled triggers. This seems to have fixed it for now.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
See I have DND set to auto turn on and off and it's fine so far 🤷🏽
0 Likes
Numec
Explorer
Options
Yes I used both sleep and DND so turned both off for now. Was panicking as I couldn't use the screen at all for a bit even to resolve it 😅
0 Likes
MagdalenaPo
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@Numec ,

Panic in this situation is totally understandable. 😅

If the problem recurs, please try to submit an error report in Samsung Members app.

0 Likes
Tiggymala
Student
Options
Not had this happen yet on the beta 2, happened a hand full of times on beta 1 and on older stable firmware before - seems a semi common problem in general I think, friends s21 ultras on non beta firmware does it from time to time which it did for me too.
0 Likes
Frankieseaman
Pioneer
Options

Was just about to come here and post about it. It was solved for a minuite or so by reseting with vol down and power and managing to turn off all types of bedtime or bixby routines for DND, but I could only do this after I spent an entire night out without access to my phone due to the black screen. This is a serious bug that should be fixed asap with a hotfix and not waiting weeks for a new beta update. Totally locking peoples phones off at night isnt something can be accepted even in beta software.

Damo14
Explorer
Options
Since beta 2 installed whole system feels unresponsive and slow, had the same problem with screen not turning on and had to reset phone, still don't really trust it.
0 Likes
Paddy99
First Poster
Options
I had this issue,turn off modes.It was turning my screen black at a certain time and not allowing it to be turned on again until another certain time.A real pain.
0 Likes