Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Screen display blank and not responding

(Topic created on: 03-10-2022 06:16 AM)
Sonique77
Apprentice
Options
Just updated to the version 5 and for at least 6 hours my screen display was dark and not responding. Phone was on as my alarms worked but could not get display to come on. 
Bouncing ball is source of all joy
0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Do you use the modes? Check my topic out. I posted in the tips section.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
MagdalenaPo
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @Sonique77

The problem you describe sounds disturbing. I think you may find this thread helpful: DO NOT USE MODES - Samsung Community

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Vindicus
Student
Options
Same here and the phone daillout several times to 999 I had to ask them to block my number. Put the phone on the charging stand over night and it is back to normal for now.

I did ring Samsung tech support but they were useless.
0 Likes
Solution
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Do you use the modes? Check my topic out. I posted in the tips section.
0 Likes
Sonique77
Apprentice
Options
What do you mean by modes?
0 Likes
Solution
MagdalenaPo
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @Sonique77

The problem you describe sounds disturbing. I think you may find this thread helpful: DO NOT USE MODES - Samsung Community

Sonique77
Apprentice
Options
Update: I have removed sleep mode. It never used to black out my screen, just a message that it's bedtime. What if I needed to make an emergency call. There was no way to deactivate it
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
It's a bug in beta 2. It's been 11 days and no sign of a fix. Serious bug like this that disables your phone and prohibits you from making emergency calls is a bit alarming but to Samsung it's obviously not a priority. 🤷🏽👌
Frankieseaman
Pioneer
Options
Yep! I updated my phone before a night out, so the screen went black when I was out. I was with friends so I was fine, but if you were alone, and needed an uber back home, or needed to call an ambulance, you would have been out of luck. This isn't acceptable even in a beta.
0 Likes