Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 - Android Auto extremely laggy - unable to use

(Topic created on: 08-10-2021 03:05 PM)
yurividal
Pathfinder
Options

Android Auto with my S21 is basically unusable. It is VERY laggy. I am running the latest OneUI beta 4 
The same car, with the same cable, runs perfectly fine on a Galaxy S20, but is terrible on S21.
I have already tried factory reset the phone, change different cables, and use different versions of the AA app. it runs at 1 or 2 fps maximum. terrible. Here is a video comparing the s21 with the s20, on the same car and same cable:

10 REPLIES 10
Wobdot
Pathfinder
Options
I have been using AA app without any problems
0 Likes
yurividal
Pathfinder
Options
Yes, after much investigation and reading on Reddit, it seems to be a few users of AA with S21 that have this issue. Perhaps a hardware issue on a bad batch... but, I'd love to hear an official response from Samsung, or perhaps even a fix...
0 Likes
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

@yurividal,

I am sorry to hear that you've encountered this issue on your device 😔.

Could you please report it via the Samsung Members application? It would significantly help our developers to thoroughly analyze the issue.

0 Likes
Blooder
Apprentice
Options

I have same problem and I'm so long time frustrated for this. 

Blooder
Apprentice
Options

I have still same problem after update to android 12

0 Likes
yurividal
Pathfinder
Options

This has been reported several times with Samsung Members APP, and also with all other possible ways. It has been almost 9 months since the initial reports, and this still continues to be ignored by samsung. The number of users complaining about the same problem on Reddit has increased a lot. PLEASE, stop ignoring us. 

Video of the problem: https://youtu.be/UA9CJm4N6XU
Video comparing S20 (good) with S21 (bad) on same car and same cable: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS21/comments/oqnsvz/s21_android_auto_lag_vs_s20_samsung_still_hasnt/

Boruszka
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same issue with my S21 Ultra and Hyundai Santa Fe with latest Headup display. Tried several cables and even bought the AAWireless.

Nothing helped.

Funny is that if using my S8 Ultra it works perfectly (with and without cable)

I have as well tried the iPhone of my wife, and as well smooth like butter.

Then is a problem of the S21 series.

I hope that Samsung and Hyundai can sit together and find a solution because this is frustrating.

0 Likes
Blooder
Apprentice
Options

If there will be no problem with S22 series so we will never get solution for s21 series.

0 Likes
Boruszka
Journeyman
Options

Today my car had an update of the operative system. And suddenly Android Auto is running smooth... I will have to see if it is something temporal of finally after several months there has been and agreement betweeh Hyundai and Samsung to fix the issue.

0 Likes