Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pay

(Topic created on: 09-09-2022 08:20 AM)
Nish_14
Journeyman
Options
Is anyone else having trouble using Google Pay after updating to the Android 13 / One UI 5.0 Beta?

I have a Galaxy S21 Ultra and ever since the Android 13 / One UI 5.0 Beta, I am met with an error stating that my device does not meet Google's security requirements. I have contacted Google regarding this and they say that from their end everything is fine and I should contact Samsung. I have contacted Samsung and they state they are investigating the issue but I just wanted to find out if anyone else is having the same or a similar issue with any Google service and if they managed to fix it?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Dadou1
Pioneer
Options
Sorry... But Google pay is disabled on beta software. It's clearly defined in the terms for the beta...
You can use Samsung pay instead if you have a suitable bank.
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I just use my bank card ... untill the phone comes out of the beta
GooseSnipe
Voyager
Options
If you have a smart watch like an active watch 4 then you can use Google pay on that.
0 Likes
Myykol
Explorer
Options
This is common, it's not official software and gpay doesn't like that
0 Likes
Gmaniac
First Poster
Options
I don't don't have Google pay or Twitter now
0 Likes
AnnaMaz
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello @Nish_14 ,

As mentioned in the thread - sadly Google Pay won't work on Beta software, but it will work when the stable version is released. If you would like to continue using contactless payments during Beta Programme, you can still use Samsung Wallet instead of Google Wallet 😉

Have a good day!

0 Likes
eddie10101
First Poster
Options

If I'm currently using Beta, once the stable release is ready I just need to update and this update will remove the Beta. Or should I first leave the Beta and then Update?

0 Likes
ItzZia
Navigator
Options
Yes I'm having the same issue too, as i open the Google wallet app, it shows up that my phone does not meet the security requirements. I'm a bit disappointed and i tried to make a contactless payment. Somehow, it didn't go through.
0 Likes