Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Windows 11 I require to disable the lid function for turning the laptop on when opening.

(Topic created on: 19-08-2022 06:46 PM)
Paul Metcalf
Apprentice
Options

I require to turn off the lid function so the laptop does not start up when the lid is opened. I was ablr to do this on 10 but upgrading to 11 the function is missing.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Paul Metcalf. If you open/access Samsung Settings on your Galaxy Pro 360, then > Advanced features > Auto booting, and toggle this setting off, this will ensure that the laptop no longer powers on whenever the lid is opened.

Please let me know whether this helps. 

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
Is there no option in the bios for it?
0 Likes
Paul Metcalf
Apprentice
Options

Sorry you will have to explain.

0 Likes
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
No worries. I'm not too sure with Samsung but with HP & Lenovo laptop there is a setting in the bios for power on when the lid opens. Usually you press either delete, F10, F9 or F2 repeatedly when you power on the laptop to access the bios settings. If you know the model of laptop I could have a look to find the specific key
0 Likes
Paul Metcalf
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Galaxy Pro 360

0 Likes
Lingard87
Pathfinder
Options
It looks like you have to keep pressing F2 after powering on to access the bios. I can't find anything to see what settings there are but have a look around to see if there's anything related to what you want. It's very important you don't charge anything don't understand as it could cause the laptop not to boot
0 Likes
Solution
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Paul Metcalf. If you open/access Samsung Settings on your Galaxy Pro 360, then > Advanced features > Auto booting, and toggle this setting off, this will ensure that the laptop no longer powers on whenever the lid is opened.

Please let me know whether this helps. 

Paul Metcalf
Apprentice
Options

Evening PaulM1  thanks very much for that info, it works.

PaulM1
Options

That's fantastic. I'm glad that you managed to get this setting changed now. Thanks for letting me know, @Paul Metcalf👍

alexdanapur
First Poster
Options

I have fixed my problem by clicking on the Search icon on the taskbar.

0 Likes