Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Which warrant applies for 980 PCIe 3.0 NVMe™ M.2 SSD 250GB??? MZ-V8V250BW

(Topic created on: 18-11-2021 09:06 PM)
4C3M
Apprentice
Options

At the general description (also shown at vendor's site) is 5 years and 600TBW, but on the product page, way down there,  it says "5-Year Limited Warrantyor 150 TBW Limited Warranty" - So - What gives? Btw, it actually says "Warrantyor", so it's no misquote on my part.

I'd like to think that 600 TBW is the one that's correct, otherwise you're screwing over customers since that's what's presented at vendors.

Don't know if this might've been some localized error since I got Swedish text and it got lost in translation somehow:

https://www.samsung.com/se/memory-storage/nvme-ssd/980-250gb-nvme-pcie-gen-3-mz-v8v250bw/

Please clarify if any Samsung personnel is reading this.

You didn't have any contact form or email address available on the website but only a chat with opening hours which wasn't applicable for me as I'm currently trying to choose an SSD to order at my local vendor and spotted this and just had to ask, so I went here...

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
4C3M
Apprentice
Options

I, for some reason, missed the text where it actually says which warranty applies under which circumstances.

The text is sort of greyed out with an asterisk a bit down, and there's quite spacing between the images and usually this kind of info is at the bottom among specifications. Oh well, you learn something new every day.

I'll wait until Black Friday and see if the price's gone down any more and perhaps I'll buy this.

Edit: Actually just purchased the 500 GB version as it was on sale. Now, I just hope it'll work with my cheap PCIe adapter card I bought off Ali Express.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
The lower value for the TBW applies to the 250GB drive because it has fewer writeable blocks. The higher capacity drives get a greater TBW the further up the capacity range you go. It explains this on the site you link to but it's easily missed. Hope that clarifies. Samsung cannot be held responsible for 3rd party vendor sites.
0 Likes
4C3M
Apprentice
Options

If that's the case, it's false advertisement. It maybe legal as long as it's there, but it should be clearly stated which warranty is for which model, with no exception!

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Well it's there on the Samsung website and at least you asked before buying. Caveat emptor!
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Samsung UK online shop make it very clearScreenshot_20211119-000855_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
FYI in two years I have only written 9.8TB to my 500GB EVO 970 nvme according to Samsung Magician
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi there @4C3M 

We can only speak for the UK products, but as @antikythera has stated, the information is all available online. The standard warranty in 60months, or in other terms, 5-years. You can also view this information on the following link: 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

The UK equivalent for the SSD you're after:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/memory-storage/nvme-ssd/980-1tb-nvme-pcie-gen-3-mz-v8v1t0bw/

Solution
4C3M
Apprentice
Options

I, for some reason, missed the text where it actually says which warranty applies under which circumstances.

The text is sort of greyed out with an asterisk a bit down, and there's quite spacing between the images and usually this kind of info is at the bottom among specifications. Oh well, you learn something new every day.

I'll wait until Black Friday and see if the price's gone down any more and perhaps I'll buy this.

Edit: Actually just purchased the 500 GB version as it was on sale. Now, I just hope it'll work with my cheap PCIe adapter card I bought off Ali Express.

0 Likes
ntk98_2000
First Poster
Options

I think I buy my Samsung SSD 980E M.2 NVME on Amazon about 2 yrs ago. Keep as reserve because at the time i still have HDD 1T SSA. i started using the 980E in summer 2023,as second drive. My first drive is also a Walram 500GB M.2 SSD

It worked as second hard drive great, easy to install, fast reading and writing. I only  have written on it less than 5% data. I thought now I a have a wonderful working machine less moving mechanical parts so should make no noise and more better on the battery. 

I was wrong. Yesterday after a window update I restarted th e machine and the 980E SSD M.2 just dis-appeared from BIOS from the system. My machine is Dell Inspiron Is there any tool I can use to rescue or revive the drive

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎28/‎02/‎2023
OS build 19045.3803
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

1000006326.jpg

1000006181.jpg

 Zeedijk-Heist 264

0 Likes