Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Ports on C34H890WJU

(Topic created on: 18-08-2020 11:10 AM)
CorithMalin
First Poster
Options

I recently purchased the Samsung Ultra-widescreen CH890 series monitor. My model comes with a USB-C type connector. I've downloaded the latest driver from your site, but it only allows me to select a monitor to install with either DisplayPort of HDMI. The issue I'm having is that while the display and Power is working via USB-C, I can't connect any USB devices to the monitor's ports. They just show up as unknown devices in Device Manager. I've tried a host of different device types, and none of them are working through the monitor's ports. They do cause the Windows sound of USB connected/disconnected.

When connecting any device to the monitor's USB ports (any of them), Windows gives me the following error:

image.png

Device manager shows the following faulted device:

image.png

I've tried multiple devices and device types.  Connecting them to the monitor results in the faults above.  Connecting them directly to the laptop results in them being successfully use.  Just to reiterate, the display is working correctly.  And the laptop is being powered as well by the same USB-C cable.  I used the cable included in the packaging.  It's just the USB Hub feature that doesn't seem to be working.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @CorithMalin ,

I would like you to try this: Open Device Manager and then expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers. ... At this point, the Device Manager screen should refresh, and either the unknown device will still be there or it may now be recognised. If it's still showing as not recognised, then you repeat the process for each Generic USB Hub listed.

0 Likes
CorithMalin
First Poster
Options

Hi @TessM,

Thank you for getting back to me.  I've done the steps you mentioned and the device is still failing with the same error (Device Descriptor Request Failed).  You've asked me to repeat "the process" for each Generic USB Hub listed... but you didn't post a process?  The only thing your message had me do was open the Device Manager and expand a tree node.  Did you forget to include additional steps in your reply?

Thanks!

0 Likes
CorithMalin
First Poster
Options

@TessM, 
  Just to speed things along... I've tried to uninstall the unrecognized device, then scan for new hardware.  I've tried uninstalling it and rebooting.  I've tried removing all my USB Root Devices and restarting.... but the monitor's USB hub is always detected by Windows with this unknown device descriptor.

0 Likes
HRM_81
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same problem. How did you solve it?

0 Likes
Corith Malin
First Poster
Options

Hi HRM_81.  I ended up needing to install the drivers from the download page here.  The EXE extracts files to your local disk, I then used the *.ini file to install the drivers.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LC34H890WJUXEN/#downloads

0 Likes
HRM_81
First Poster
Options

Oke, thanks. Do you know which *.ini you used and how? Letting windows search the map for the correct driver doesn't work.

0 Likes
Corith Malin
First Poster
Options

Sorry, I should have said *.inf.  Just right-click on it and say install.  It's `C34H89xWJ.inf` when I just looked at it.

0 Likes
HRM_81
First Poster
Options

Unfortunatly is still get the samen error.....

0 Likes
Corith Malin
First Poster
Options

I think the other thing I did was use the USB-C cable that came with the monitor.  Then I had to find a compatible one (USB-C is a confusing standard!)

0 Likes