Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung U32J590UQ Windows 10 resolution changing to 1920x1080

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 11:33 AM)
trl
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I just recently purchase a Samsung U32J590UQ 32 inch 4K monitor for my Alienware m15 laptop. It is a very nice display, but I am having an issue with it. My laptop is running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and has HDMI, miniDP and USB-C ports to connect monitors. I have 2 x Samsung B2230 1920x1080 monitors (one on USB-C and the other miniDP) and the new Samsung U32J590UQ connected to the HDMI port (using the included HMDI cable). The high performance nVIDIA  card runs the HDMI and miniDP ports and the built-in Intel card runs the USB-C graphics port.

I have the screens set up just now, all with the correct native resolutions with the configuration 2 3 4 on top and 1 below 3 (2+4 = B2230, 3 = U32J590UQ, 1 = laptop 1920x1080 display).

Now, to the problem... If I shut down the laptop and restart it, all monitors remain in the same configuration for a few seconds after the desktop loads, then the U32J590UQ changes to 1920x1080 and display 2 is moved to below display 1 in the "Display Settings", "Rearrange your displays" box. Then I need to click on display 3 (U32J590UQ) and change the resolution back to "3840 x 2160 (Recommended)" and move display 2 back to the left of display 3. Also, the main display is reverted back to the laptop display so I need to change it back to the U32J590UQ as I like it as my main display.

Before I connected the U32J590UQ, I had no issue with the display configuration changing each startup. I have a different display configuration at my work too, and it also configures correctly each time I connect. Basically, there were no issues at all until connecting the U32J590UQ monitor.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
trl
Apprentice
Options

A bit more info...

Display configuration before and after reboot:

Correct before rebootCorrect before rebootIncorrect after rebootIncorrect after reboot

Also, I have the latest nVidia Studio driver installed - version 456.38 at time of post.

0 Likes
trl
Apprentice
Options

Looking at the Event Viewer, this occurs right before the resolution changes to 1920x1080:

A caller specified the SDC_FORCE_MODE_ENUMERATION flag in a call to the SetDisplayConfig() API

0 Likes
Solution
trl
Apprentice
Options

Problem solved! I have UltraMon installed to manage the taskbar for multiple displays. It was trying to load a profile made before I attached the Samsung 4K monitor. I deleted the old profile and made a new one and the issue is away 🙂

0 Likes